Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default start up dead/ ticks five times on power/ no pic/sound.

I have a TV with no startup, the BU508 is not kicking in I think due to
no output from the startup IC TEA2261, on pin 14 (power output) is
dead. I have changed all the caps and resistors around the powersupply
area. No change. Is it likely a problem with the startup IC TEA2261? or
any other recomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I assume it's an RCA CTC 169 chassis? You need to post the model, &
chassis numbers. But, you need to check from hot chassis, the voltage
on pin # 15, & 16 of the TEA2261 regulator IC, it should be about 12.
75 volts. Also check diode CR4118, it supplies 13.5 volt standby, &
will measure ok, but produce no voltage.
Replace the capacitors around the TEA 2261 IC. CTC 169 kit. If it's a
rear projection T.V., get a PTV 169 kit, also unhook the input high
voltage wire to the tripler, to see if it's pulling the set down, if
the above repairs aren't needed. Hope this helps, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hey Dani thanks for the quick reply.

Pins 15-16 look about 12.75 volts (pulsing slightly) (no difference
seen in them).
I changed the caps, no luck,
pin 14 very low pulsing maybe 1 v (less) Multimeter is crap sorry..
I have no idea what the chassis is, did find this model no RM3281 Its
some french thing.
the diode has about 13 v (on the side with the line), nothing on the
other side.
the one cap I have not changed yet, is the little one on p9. but
voltage there looks under 2.5 v (pulsing).
is this any help,

its not a rear projection tv...

thanks again

Dani wrote:
I assume it's an RCA CTC 169 chassis? You need to post the model, &
chassis numbers. But, you need to check from hot chassis, the voltage
on pin # 15, & 16 of the TEA2261 regulator IC, it should be about 12.
75 volts. Also check diode CR4118, it supplies 13.5 volt standby, &
will measure ok, but produce no voltage.
Replace the capacitors around the TEA 2261 IC. CTC 169 kit. If it's a
rear projection T.V., get a PTV 169 kit, also unhook the input high
voltage wire to the tripler, to see if it's pulling the set down, if
the above repairs aren't needed. Hope this helps, Dani.

Workshop In An Alternate Homepower Environment Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 288 June 29th 05 11:10 AM
Dead Sony Vaio PCG-631M laptop - power block problem.Help! BartMan Electronics Repair 0 November 21st 04 06:03 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Phase converter balancing Karl Townsend Metalworking 7 July 13th 03 12:48 AM