Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Powder actuated tools and humidity

Â* Grrr , I was just down in the cellar trying to shoot some 2x2's to
the block wall , and it just ain't happening . I'm using a Hilti gun ,
uses strip shot in ,27 caliber . 2.5" pins thru the wood and into the
block . I'm wondering if being stored for a few months in the cellar
when I was having moisture problems has affected the cartridges , when
they were first bought they'd sink that pin partway into the wood . Now
3 shots in succession don't even set it flush . It makes no difference
whether I'm shooting into the mortar joint or the block itself .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old