Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Powder actuated tools and humidity

On 8/16/2018 12:12 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Grrr , I was just down in the cellar trying to shoot some 2x2's to
the block wall , and it just ain't happening . I'm using a Hilti gun ,
uses strip shot in ,27 caliber . 2.5" pins thru the wood and into the
block . I'm wondering if being stored for a few months in the cellar
when I was having moisture problems has affected the cartridges , when
they were first bought they'd sink that pin partway into the wood . Now
3 shots in succession don't even set it flush . It makes no difference
whether I'm shooting into the mortar joint or the block itself .

Sounds like altho I've never seen the issue -- but in SW KS finding any
humidity at any time is a task!

I've got Remington cartridges that are 20+ yr old with no problems; I
just shot a few a few weeks ago hanging some conduit that seemed same as
usual.