Posted to alt.home.repair

Default expensive outlet

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 04 Aug 2018 20:57:08 -0400, micky
wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Here's one for $170!!

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Rece..._&dpSrc=detail

I gather the goal is provide an elecrtrical receptacle that will not
interfere with the sound from your Victrola. Or your $10,000 sound
system, so what's another $170? But shouldn't you replace every outlet
in your house with these.

If these cost retail 170, then I suppose wholesale their about 85, and
the elecrician should charge what, 245, 340? to put each one in??

I think there's one born every minute.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 8:57:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

It's for audio buffs who believe that the more expensive a receptacle
is, the better it must sound. Like oxygen free cables that cost $1000
I think they even have that crap for HDMI, where it's digital.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 4 Aug 2018 18:04:35 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 8:57:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

It's for audio buffs who believe that the more expensive a receptacle
is, the better it must sound. Like oxygen free cables that cost $1000
I think they even have that crap for HDMI, where it's digital.

It is amazing. Have you heard about gluten-free water?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker
wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker
wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.

It's the Japanese version of the PT Barnum Super Audiofool model.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2018 06:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

You need to be an audiophile to fully appreciate its qualities. While
you might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer at least you're not
one of those idiots.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker
wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.

Too bad the oxygen in their speakers is reducing the oxygen in their
brains.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

It's for audiofools who have consumed too much of the koolade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2018 07:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

hen I looked under "Frequently bought together", the other item is a
$145 faceplate.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A dogma is the hand of the dead on the throat of the living." [Lemuel
K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Here's one for $170!!

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Rece..._&dpSrc=detail

Rhodium plated

Which somehow reminds me of "we are rhodomagnetic",

[snip]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 8:57:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

It's for audio buffs who believe that the more expensive a receptacle
is, the better it must sound. Like oxygen free cables that cost $1000
I think they even have that crap for HDMI, where it's digital.

It is amazing. Have you heard about gluten-free water?

I haven't, but I have had cholesterol-free bread and sugar-free water.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A dogma is the hand of the dead on the throat of the living." [Lemuel
K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2018 08:36 PM, wrote:
On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

I don't know what good rhodium does in outlets, except for making them
more expensive.

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A dogma is the hand of the dead on the throat of the living." [Lemuel
K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker
wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.

All my cables are gluten free too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:25:47 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 08/04/2018 08:36 PM, wrote:
On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

I don't know what good rhodium does in outlets, except for making them
more expensive.

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A dogma is the hand of the dead on the throat of the living." [Lemuel
K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]

Check out the special duplex cover plate. OMG! o_O

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-104-.../dp/B00P25D12W

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2018 9:36 PM, wrote:
On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

And yet, they both get from point A to point B. For many, it's all about
image.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2018 09:45 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 8/4/2018 9:36 PM, wrote:
On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

And yet, they both get from point A to point B. For many, it's all about
image.

Funny thing, the guy who is really wealthy is probably driving the Ford.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 4 Aug 2018 21:36:30 -0400,
wrote:

On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

Oh, yeah, non-crystals. That's important.

My nephew did his thesis on Nano-crystals and High Fidelity Music

But he points out that people need to buy rhodium wall-switches too, not
just receptacles. And the breaker box should be rhodium plated with
sprinkles of nano crystals. And whipped cream.

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 8:57:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

It's for audio buffs who believe that the more expensive a receptacle
is, the better it must sound. Like oxygen free cables that cost $1000
I think they even have that crap for HDMI, where it's digital.

It is amazing. Have you heard about gluten-free water?

I haven't, but I have had cholesterol-free bread and sugar-free water.

www.Claraglutenfreewater.com

Price: 12 + Shipping

“Water so premium you’ll want it on your scotch shelf.”

Our premium 750ml glass-model vessel of Clara Water is the flagship
water-themed product for lifestyle-oriented individuals who transcend
the simple mindset of Dasani or Smar****er. This water is sourced in
Canada and is lovingly contained in Clara’s beautiful swing-top clear
glass bottle to showcase Clara’s purity and joie de vive.

Perfect for sharing among close lifestyle-oriented friends.
---
Why Clara

Living a clean lifestyle can be difficult when you’re uncertain of where
a product has been sourced. Clara Water gives peace of mind to
health-conscious individuals worried about the source of our products
and are certain Clara will match your lifestyle-oriented personality.

Clara is the world's only water company focused on providing an
elevated, gluten-free, water drinking experience that lifestyle-oriented
individuals can be proud to enjoy wherever life takes them.
==

And then theres the supplement advertised by Rodney Peat and his wife
that says you'll lose 4 times as much weight but never says 4 times as
much as what.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 4 Aug 2018 22:19:11 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/04/2018 07:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

hen I looked under "Frequently bought together", the other item is a
$145 faceplate.

Using a good outlet with a cheap faceplate is so tacky.

Better to use a good faceplate with a cheap outlet, so at least when
your friends come over they think you have class.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker
wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.

All my cables are gluten free too.

Gluten free cables and zero-Calorie headphones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2018 10:41 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:25:47 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Check out the special duplex cover plate. OMG! o_O

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-104-.../dp/B00P25D12W

I posted about a $145 one. Anyway, how is the cover plate supposed to
help the audio?

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer." - -
anonymous
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/05/2018 12:42 AM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

And yet, they both get from point A to point B. For many, it's all about
image.

Funny thing, the guy who is really wealthy is probably driving the Ford.

Contrary to popular belief, having money doesn't mean you have to waste
it. To me, the Rolls-Royce is unlikely to be any better than the Ford.
Probably more expensive maintenance, but not better.

BTW, my mother had a Volvo, with a continuing fuel system problem. It
cost a lot to get towed and repaired every few months. That's why I
didn't get it when she needed something else.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer." - -
anonymous
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/05/2018 01:07 AM, micky wrote:

[snip]

Living a clean lifestyle can be difficult when youre uncertain of where
a product has been sourced. Clara Water gives peace of mind to
health-conscious individuals worried about the source of our products
and are certain Clara will match your lifestyle-oriented personality.

"Sourced in Canada" doesn't really tell you whether it came from a clear
mountain stream in the wilderness or from someone's toilet where dogs
are afraid to drink.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/05/2018 01:09 AM, micky wrote:

[snip]

Using a good outlet with a cheap faceplate is so tacky.

Better to use a good faceplate with a cheap outlet, so at least when
your friends come over they think you have class.

I'd feel about that the same way I feel about expensive jewelry. It's
evidence that someone is REALLY wasteful.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer." - -
anonymous
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/05/2018 12:07 AM, micky wrote:
Living a clean lifestyle can be difficult when you’re uncertain of where
a product has been sourced. Clara Water gives peace of mind to
health-conscious individuals worried about the source of our products
and are certain Clara will match your lifestyle-oriented personality.

When I was trucking I called my dispatcher and she said "You're going to
load water out of Philipsburg going to the Bay." Since I wasn't driving
a tanker I wondered how I would keep it from leaking.

Sure enough there was a spring in P-burg that was bottling the stuff for
the yuppie crowd. P-burg used to be a mining town so I imagine the water
had the MDR of heavy metals.

Later they started a brewery to use the water. Value added don't you know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On 08/04/2018 08:36 PM, wrote:
On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
What is this and why is it worth $100?

https://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Electr...ustomerReviews

Did you miss the $238 model ?

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-Ulti...dp/B017LTCI5M/

I don't know what good rhodium does in outlets, except for making them
more expensive.

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A dogma is the hand of the dead on the throat of the living." [Lemuel
K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]

Check out the special duplex cover plate. OMG! o_O

https://www.amazon.com/Furutech-104-.../dp/B00P25D12W

[8~{} Uncle Perplexed Monster

Are they UL listed?

--