Old July 12th 18, 12:16 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default black dots above rear-view mirror

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 9:25:39 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 7/11/18 9:29 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 7:48:10 AM UTC-5, wrote:

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:37:01 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:30:17 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

On 7/10/2018 10:16 PM, wrote:

Why not pose this issue to the location where the replacement windshield will be installed??

Because that would make too much sense? This is Micky posting this
stuff, remember? LOL!

I think you nailed it.

its still more on topic compared to the political rants

Yes, it's on topic, sort of, but it's one of Micky's topics that goes
around and around and around in circles when her questions can usually
be answered by picking up the telephone. Give her a simple, direct
answer and you're met with "but, but, what if, etc." Just like this
windshield question. It can be answered over the phone or by asking
the installer.

Ahah, I just assumed Micky was a guy. If in fact Micky is a girl, that
does explain the nature of all the past posts ;-)
--

"Micky" is kind of an ambiguous name but I've seen gals who were named "Bill" or "Billie". I even know a wild woman who goes by the name "Mack". ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster

Old July 20th 18, 02:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/2018 10:16 PM, wrote:

Why not pose this issue to the location where the replacement windshield will be installed??

Because they might well give a self-serving answer. I'm surprised you
haven't learned that by now.

Because that would make too much sense? This is Micky posting this
stuff, remember? LOL!

Don't be a jackass.

I think you nailed it.

It might be a biological impossibility for a female to be a jackass, but
keep working on it.
Old July 20th 18, 02:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 10 Jul 2018 23:08:52 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 11:25:38 -0400, micky
wrote:

I probably need a new windshield, for my 2005 Toyota Solara.

My factory windshield has a bunch of black dots over the rear-view
mirror area, so it's about 50% shaded.

Do these dots have a purpose, keeping the electronic mirror cool, maybe,
or making it easier for me to look in the mirror without having the sun
in my eyes?

Do all replacement windows have ths same dots, or will there be ones
that fit but don't have them?

I don't want to get in a situation where he comes out here to replace
the window and brings only one that is dotless.

In fact, I think the biggest place in Baltimore actually does work at
its shop.

By which I meant they come to you and you can also go to them.

Probably better to go there than have him come to me, right?

P.S. I used the Permatex windshind patch but I dont' think it worked.
It did work 10 years ago on a different car.

Dots or tint gradient - either will work. You don't want a non=tinted
windsheild. Ask for OEM if possible

I'll do that. Thanks. And thanks, Ed.

Old July 20th 18, 06:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/2018 8:25 AM, micky wrote:
I probably need a new windshield, for my 2005 Toyota Solara.

My factory windshield has a bunch of black dots over the rear-view
mirror area, so it's about 50% shaded.

Do these dots have a purpose, keeping the electronic mirror cool, maybe,
or making it easier for me to look in the mirror without having the sun
in my eyes?

On modern cars, there’s another group of dots on the windshield right
behind the rearview mirror. As shown in the clip below, these dots,
called the “third visor frit,” are there to help block the sun as it
beams in from between the two front sun-visors.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-thos...r-c-1791075995
Old July 20th 18, 07:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 21:54:11 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

On 7/10/2018 8:25 AM, micky wrote:
I probably need a new windshield, for my 2005 Toyota Solara.

My factory windshield has a bunch of black dots over the rear-view
mirror area, so it's about 50% shaded.

Do these dots have a purpose, keeping the electronic mirror cool, maybe,
or making it easier for me to look in the mirror without having the sun
in my eyes?

On modern cars, theres another group of dots on the windshield right
behind the rearview mirror. As shown in the clip below, these dots,
called the third visor frit, are there to help block the sun as it
beams in from between the two front sun-visors.

Aha.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-thos...r-c-1791075995

Very interesting also. Thanks.