Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default black dots above rear-view mirror

I probably need a new windshield, for my 2005 Toyota Solara.

My factory windshield has a bunch of black dots over the rear-view
mirror area, so it's about 50% shaded.

Do these dots have a purpose, keeping the electronic mirror cool, maybe,
or making it easier for me to look in the mirror without having the sun
in my eyes?

Do all replacement windows have ths same dots, or will there be ones
that fit but don't have them?

I don't want to get in a situation where he comes out here to replace
the window and brings only one that is dotless.

In fact, I think the biggest place in Baltimore actually does work at
its shop. Probably better to go there than have him come to me, right?

P.S. I used the Permatex windshind patch but I dont' think it worked.
It did work 10 years ago on a different car.