Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rear View Mirror.. Help!

My dearest 3 year old son has broken the rear view mirror in my car.
he twisted it round on itself and the ball has come out of the socket.

I have tried to push the metal ball (cast) back into the tube arm it
has come out of but it wont go in no mater how hard I try. Obviously
the end of the tube is slightly rounded and smaller than the ball
itself so when it is in there the mirror pivots on it without coming
out. When he twisted it he oviously created some leverage that yanked
it form its socket.. unfortunately for me getting it back in seems to
be alot trickier!

any ideas how I can do this? Nothing is really broiken as such so I
dont want to pay for a new one unless I have to.. its just he ball
socket joint thats come apart but wont go back together!!!

Kids!

Rear View Mirror.. Help! Thomarse UK diy 5 October 25th 08 05:45 PM
Tri-view or bi-view mirrors? Actor123 Home Repair 0 February 4th 07 05:16 PM
Rear mirror glue asalcedo UK diy 15 March 27th 06 08:03 PM
question regarding rear projection mirror MrGizmos Electronics Repair 1 December 29th 03 05:07 AM