Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default black dots above rear-view mirror

On 7/10/2018 8:25 AM, micky wrote:
I probably need a new windshield, for my 2005 Toyota Solara.

My factory windshield has a bunch of black dots over the rear-view
mirror area, so it's about 50% shaded.

Do these dots have a purpose, keeping the electronic mirror cool, maybe,
or making it easier for me to look in the mirror without having the sun
in my eyes?

On modern cars, theres another group of dots on the windshield right
behind the rearview mirror. As shown in the clip below, these dots,
called the €śthird visor frit,€ť are there to help block the sun as it
beams in from between the two front sun-visors.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-thos...r-c-1791075995