m Ransley

Default Rain

Why is it I can keep my garden wet and fertilised, but after a rain
the plants always get a bigger boost. Im on city water. I live on a
lake and wonder if pumping lake water would have the same effect as
rain.

Pop Rivet

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Why is it I can keep my garden wet and fertilised, but

after a rain
the plants always get a bigger boost. Im on city water.

I live on a
lake and wonder if pumping lake water would have the same

effect as
rain.

No. And you know that. Why keep trolling?

m Ransley

Who is trolling Pop Nuts

Brigitte J.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Why is it I can keep my garden wet and fertilised, but after a rain
the plants always get a bigger boost.

Because rain water doesn't contain chlorine.

Brigitte

TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Why is it I can keep my garden wet and fertilised, but after a rain
the plants always get a bigger boost. Im on city water. I live on a
lake and wonder if pumping lake water would have the same effect as
rain.

This is Turtle.

Rain water is just about pure as you can get it but may have a little stuff in
it. It is Distilled water from the air and city water has all kinds of stuff to
kill germs and stuff to help your teeth not fall out. What Man Drinks should not
be put on nature.

TURTLE

---

m Ransley

If its not so good for plants well it isnt so good for us, I will
stick to beer

Brigitte

m Ransley wrote in message
If its not so good for plants well it isnt so good for us, I will
stick to beer

So, you're assuming that beer is good for plants?

Chuck Yerkes

m Ransley wrote:

If its not so good for plants well it isnt so good for us, I will
stick to beer

So I just did a "sort by name" on you. scanned through WAY too many
posts. 1, maybe 2 actually useful answers.

Mostly, you're just sitting somewhere farting and smirking and making
stupid comments. I presume you're the guy in the movie theater with the
cell phone.

I miss the news reader software that warned:
Stop. You're about to send out a message to millions of machines
costing people thousands of dollars to transport and store it. Are
you REALLY sure you want to send this?

CBHVAC

"Pop Rivet" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Why is it I can keep my garden wet and fertilised, but

after a rain
the plants always get a bigger boost. Im on city water.

I live on a
lake and wonder if pumping lake water would have the same

effect as
rain.

No. And you know that. Why keep trolling?

Actually, that COULD be a legit question.
Many people in this area use a pump with a pickup at the lake for lawn
sprikler systems..

TURTLE

"Chuck Yerkes" wrote in message

m Ransley wrote:

If its not so good for plants well it isnt so good for us, I will
stick to beer

So I just did a "sort by name" on you. scanned through WAY too many
posts. 1, maybe 2 actually useful answers.

Mostly, you're just sitting somewhere farting and smirking and making
stupid comments. I presume you're the guy in the movie theater with the
cell phone.

I miss the news reader software that warned:
Stop. You're about to send out a message to millions of machines
costing people thousands of dollars to transport and store it. Are
you REALLY sure you want to send this?

This is Turtle.

Your reply is just what you was complaining about. You should have not sent it.

TURTLE

Mine is too.

Shut Up Dave

---

m Ransley

Its not a Troll, for for I just put in 85 large Hostas and
perennials and have a moldy green thumb to. We in the midwest went
through a super dry april and I watered everything , kept the ground
wet. Well after the First rain wham everything pops. Now after 3 weeks
no rain it rains and next morning same thing . I have great soil ,
soil is wet 14" deep and heavily fertilised, but Rain makes a difference
, Yes we have chlorene , flouride, but there may be a O3
relationship , nitrogen , or its the chlorene , flouride. A Troll,
Go grow some tomatoes guys , They are better than store bought any day,
mine often go to 1.5 lb. Remember water is not water , if you people
Knew what I was talking about you wouldnt have responded as a Troll....
The beer is for me as Turtle helped me again.

m Ransley

Did ya know there are over 2000 variaties of Hostas and Sum and
Substance has a record of Four feet x 114 inches. Mine are big and
yes I saw a 4" pop after the rain in 12 hrs. Amazing.
If the plants do better maybe the " Naders " are right about Flouride
and Chlorene. Even my Lawn never looks great till a rain.

What is nature telling us.

m Ransley

Chucks Turkey Jerkies

You woulnt know a troll if it bit your nose off.

Get away from all that concrete

TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Did ya know there are over 2000 variaties of Hostas and Sum and
Substance has a record of Four feet x 114 inches. Mine are big and
yes I saw a 4" pop after the rain in 12 hrs. Amazing.
If the plants do better maybe the " Naders " are right about Flouride
and Chlorene. Even my Lawn never looks great till a rain.

What is nature telling us.

This is Turtle.

If the city water was all that good or pure. Why do All manufactors of
refrigerators recommend putting a carbon type filter in the water line going to
the ice and water in the Door before you drink it. Carbon filter will remove
everything out of the water so you can drink it.

I got a ideal for you. There is a fellow here that has a open top holding tank
that he puts his water in it before he puts it on his garden. He says it will
let the Sun kill off any bateria and let the chemical evaperate off. He says the
Chlorine will evaperate out in 24 hours in the open tank. He also says the
Bleach or Chlorine is not good for plants. He says this works for what your
talking about.

TURTLE

---

Ludwig

My old man always said that the more lightning there was in a rain
storm, the greener the crop.

Old man Moser, my ag teacher, said that rainwater contained more
nitrogen than ground water.

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 05:51:54 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Why is it I can keep my garden wet and fertilised, but after a rain
the plants always get a bigger boost. Im on city water. I live on a
lake and wonder if pumping lake water would have the same effect as
rain.

m Ransley

You are right Turtle a tank would be nice, but now that I realise this
water problem ,I have a free lake I can pump out of and save alot on my
water bill , I even see some distant relatives of yours in it ,
snappers . Either way its always something isnt it.

m Ransley

Ludwig, thats what I thought Nitrogen from rain, maybe the Ozone is also
helpfull also.

Harry K

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...
"m Ransley" wrote in message
[...]

troll or not, the question is good. I have noticed the same effect,
water like crazy doesn't do near as much good as a 1/4" rain. And I
am on a well with nothing added to the water.

Harry K
TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
You are right Turtle a tank would be nice, but now that I realise this
water problem ,I have a free lake I can pump out of and save alot on my
water bill , I even see some distant relatives of yours in it ,
snappers . Either way its always something isnt it.

This is Turtle.

The Lake / The Tank Daaaaaaaaaaaa . The Sun has worked on that water there for a
good while and would be good.

Harbor Freight has a Transfer pump 1" -- 1 H.P. [ Electric motor and pump ] for
$59.00 . All you need is a supply line and water hook up. If I can remember i
think it is self priming too. Free Shipping with anything over $50.00 and no
sales tax.

All them Relatives don't like Chlorine either.

TURTLE

---

TURTLE

Default Rain Correction

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
You are right Turtle a tank would be nice, but now that I realise this
water problem ,I have a free lake I can pump out of and save alot on my
water bill , I even see some distant relatives of yours in it ,
snappers . Either way its always something isnt it.

This is Turtle.

The Lake / The Tank Daaaaaaaaaaaa . The Sun has worked on that water there for

good while and would be good.

Harbor Freight has a Transfer pump 1" -- 1 H.P. [ Electric motor and pump ]

for
$59.00 . All you need is a supply line and water hook up. If I can remember i
think it is self priming too. Free Shipping with anything over $50.00 and no
sales tax.

All them Relatives don't like Chlorine either.

TURTLE

This is Turtle Again.

Correction here Pump and motor is $79.99 and not $59.99 . It's a 1-1/4 H.P.
motor with 1" pipe hook up. It on 115 volt service it is a 3/4 H.P. and 21
G.P.M. the two forms of info on the webpage of harbor freight does not match up
here. So they have a water pump for $79.99 and that is all we know. Even if it
is a 3/4 H.P. it will do all you want.

TURTLE

---

TURTLE

"Harry K" wrote in message
om...
"TURTLE" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
[...]

Even if you have well water you still CAN have stuff in it that Distilled water
will not like Rain water will. Ground water still CAN have stuff like
Ironsulfate, methane vapor, Iron, Run off Chemicals, DDT, Round Up from someone
in Ohio, Oil Well injection of Salt water, and a host of other chemical that man
has turned loose. Well water most of the time is suppose to be good but Man has
been messing around down there for a long time to mess it up. Also City water
starts with well water and Man gets to mess it up some more.

Man can screw up anything if give enough of time.

TURTLE

---

Harry K

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...
"TURTLE" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
[...]

You need a bit more info on the pump. Transfer rate alone won't help
if you are trying to set up a sprinkler system. Many pumps have high
transfer rates but low head or delivery pressure.

Harry K
TURTLE

"Harry K" wrote in message
om...
"TURTLE" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
[...]

The Webpage there displays the pump as a Shallow well pump for home use. Then it
will be designed for at least 100 psi and over 10 gal. per minute rate. House
and water well pumps have a min-uses rate to have. If it will not keep this rate
up. The customer will bring it back to seller. The show heads will just go down
to a dribble when you get going good. It's got to stay a head of a show running
or you get it back to the seller. Now they could have even screw that up too.

We still really don't know what it is for now.

TURTLE

---

Greg

The Webpage there displays the pump as a Shallow well pump for home use. Then
it
will be designed for at least 100 psi and over 10 gal. per minute rate.

Well pumps are usually on a 30-50 psi switch. Some even run 20-40. I have never
seen one running over 70.
I know my well will put out ~12.5 gal per minute on a 30-50 switch for 20 hours
because I just filled my pool.
TURTLE

"Greg" wrote in message

The Webpage there displays the pump as a Shallow well pump for home use. Then
it
will be designed for at least 100 psi and over 10 gal. per minute rate.

Well pumps are usually on a 30-50 psi switch. Some even run 20-40. I have

never
seen one running over 70.
I know my well will put out ~12.5 gal per minute on a 30-50 switch for 20

hours
because I just filled my pool.

This is Turtle.

Pumps are '' rated '' at 100 psi for water flow ability or Gal. per minute but
are not run at 100 psi in the operation of a home well system. The pressure of
the water in the home system is dictated by the pressure regulator / control
installed on it and like you say 30 to 50 psi on them.

The 10 Gal. Per minute is the low end of the scale for a water well service to a
home. You have 12.5 gal per minute filling the pool so you have a little better
than normal. They make lesser pumps than your to be called normal.

TURTLE

---