Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

if you were in a store, had a disagreement with store management
over a purchase and refused to leave the store.

It's more like - you've spent a lot of time and effort shopping
and choosing the perfect gift for a loved one - you're so happy -
- you pay for it - but - on your way out the door the store
manager says you must return it immediately,
because their employee had it on hold.
... that's what it is more like.
PS WestJet does not over-book - they run a very good and
profitable airline - preferred over Air Canada by everyone I know.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 11:22:19 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 9:25:13 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:35:58 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:07:51 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:50:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/10/2017 9:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

They kicked him (and 3 others) off to make room for a Delta employee.
That seems unfair to me as they were already boarded. .

Apparently they needed 4 seats for Delta employees who were crew
on their way to where they were needed for a flight. I don't see
that as unfair. Airlines routinely overbook flights and it's not
often that they wind up with too few seats. If they made a mistake,
it was in letting people on the plane before they were sure they
had enough seats. But then IDK when they first learned that they
had these 4 extra employees, could have been at the last minute.

I agree with Gordon on this one. The media is just going wild on
this one, saying the whole country is outraged at United.
Well, I'm outraged too, but not at United. I'm fed up with idiots
like this that make a spectacle, force planes to make an emergency
landing because they have to pay $12 for a blanket and stunts like
this. The dishonest media isn't even reporting the most basic facts.
This was Chicago, not some little airport with no flights. So, when
was the next flight that they could have put this passenger on?
I bet they could have gotten him to his destination in just a few more
hours.

And this clown is a doctor? I wouldn't want him as my doctor with that
kind of judgment and behavior. Also, on talk radio this morning,
apparently the truth is starting to come out. I heard talk that the
doctor's license had been suspended for drug offenses, including trading
drugs for sex. IDK if it's true, but that's what's being reported some
places now.

The doctor paid for his seat.

As do thousands of other passengers that wind up not having a seat
every day. It's nothing new. Airlines routinely overbook flights,
relying on the history of how many people don't show up. If they
didn't, tickets would cost significantly more and a lot of people
wouldn't like that.

Did the 4 Delta employees pay for their seat.

Ridiculous and irrelevant. They were a FLIGHT CREW.

Not they did not !!

I cheer for the doctor who stood up for his rights.

There is a good saying.

"Your bad planning does not become my emergency."

Andy

Clearly you don't fly much or understand how airlines operate.

All you are doing is making excuses for bad judgement on the part of United.

I hope you never make it on a jury.

Already been there and done that. And I helped make sure that one
of those violent trouble makers that came into our parish here got
what he deserved. There was this miscreant out on parole that got
pulled over by the cops. Instead of complying, he assaulted the cop
and then fled in a high speed, crash em, smash em across half the
state. One of the charges was escape by use of force, versus simple
escape. The former carries a much stiffer sentence. The confused
jury wanted to only find him guilty of simple escape. I had to
straighten them out, explaining that using a car, crashing into
police cars, is indeed using force. There were some other confused
snowflakes on there, like the woman who though that the old Camaro
he was driving couldn't possibly go over 100 MPH during the chase,
so the cops must be lying. I straightened her out too.....

And no, I'm not making excuses for the bad judgment of UAL. But
you are sure making excuses for the even worse bad judgment of the
doctor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 11:51:23 AM UTC-4, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:23:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

You obviously just don't get it. Suggest you take a course in
microeconomics.

And you take one in humanity.

I feel for the UAL employees, the cops and the other passengers that
had to put up with this one asshole.

United apologized for their ERROR. The policemen involved have
been suspended and face charges of battery.

Yeah, they have to throw someone under the bus. Let's see it
they get convicted. I predict the charges will be quietly dropped.
BTW, were you there? Did you see how much force they used, what
they did, what the cop did? Remember "hands up, don't shoot"?

And sure UAL apologized. Where is the apology from the asshole
for his part of what happened?

United lost millions, but didn't lose more because of the
virtual monopoly they hold in Chicago (thanks Reagan).

Really, show us the accounting for that.

And an elderly person was beaten and is still in hospital.

ROFL. Sure, he's still there, extending his stay to make it look
as bad as possible, for his big pay day.

Who
or what race he is has NOTHING to do with the subject. He was a
passenger.

Race? Of course not. But that he's a convicted felon who
was sentenced apparently to include anger management certainly is
an issue. A big part of anger management is learning how to not
turn things we all encounter frequently in life into flaming,
escalating, big blow ups. And a big part of being a felon is that
it shows a pre-existing disregard for authority, the law, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message

[...]

United Airlines CEO should be in Jail and pay fines minimum of (1) one
Million for they action and the airport Police should be fined too "Because
this dose not have anything to do with Criminology it is Civil matters which
must be resolved in court of Law, which apparently police decided to take
rules on them self. They action is Gestapo tactics is not acceptable...
This action of United is General practice and our Ethical DOJ should step-in
and make sure that never happens again. I had reservation on United
airlines from San Francisco to Newark NJ with Handicap spouse in Business
class next to each other because of her condition, and paid for; but after I
check in I was split with my spouse and put all the way in back.

Dear CEO shove apology to your ???? We do not need apology but action!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:51:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Following that logic, then the police have no right to remove someone
from a store or restaurant when the management has told them to leave,
the police have told them to leave and they refuse.

If he/she was just quietly shopping/dining, and there was no
real emergency, you very accurately described a police state.

What a brave new world that would be.

I would not use the term "brave".
Not too sure about "new".
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You obviously just don't get it. Suggest you take a course in
microeconomics.

And you take one in humanity.

United apologized for their ERROR. The policemen involved have
been suspended and face charges of battery.
United lost millions, but didn't lose more because of the
virtual monopoly they hold in Chicago (thanks Reagan).
And an elderly person was beaten and is still in hospital. Who
or what race he is has NOTHING to do with the subject. He was a
passenger.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/file/...airlines11.jpg
[]'s

Elderly person was NOT "beaten". I doubt he is still in the hospital,

Ah, another doctor here in the group that recognizes a
classical case of spontaneous mouth and nose bleed. Gratz.

Yes, he was probably dragged out and freighted as cargo. By
United.
"We get you home". It's a great motto.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2017 11:17 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

I stated a fact. Obviously you missed the "noted as such".

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The police should be involved with trespassers. Do you think the United
employees should have handled the passengers removal. You keep making
up "the facts".

The facts are stated from news source. You failing to see them doesn't
eliminate them. Not my problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message ...

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 7:25:38 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 4/12/2017 11:27 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 4/12/2017 9:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/12/2017 10:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:03:28 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2017 11:50 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[snip]

There are, however some factors that could screw thing up. The guy
accepted the deal and later found out the details and changed his mind..
That is not an excuse to drag him down the aisle. There is always a
plan B or you make one.

**You are saying that excepted deal and you was there to witness that???
In my opinion You are one dumb Idiot, Man make reservation he pay for it,
He travels half day to get there, he check in, get sited and then some one
comes and tell you got vacate to make accommodation for some ales,
in plain language I can put go and F yourself you F idiot
I hope that you get in the same situation!!
United Airlines CEO should be in Jail and pay fines minimum of (1) one
Million for they action and the airport Police should be fined too "Because
this dose not have anything to do with Criminology it is Civil matters which
must be resolved in court of Law, which apparently police decided to take
rules on them self. They action is simple Gestapo tactics and not acceptable...
This action of United is General practice and our Ethical? DOJ should step-in
and make sure that never happens again. I had reservation on United
airlines from San Francisco to Newark NJ with Handicap spouse in Business
class next to each other because of her condition, and paid for; but after I
check in I was split with my spouse and put all the way in back cabin Couch Class.
What I supposedly do tell them I am not traveling, my friend you are Jerk!!
Dear CEO shove apology to your ???? We do not need apology but action!!!

Looks like they followed plan B. Maybe the guy should have had a plan B.

Apparently he does. He's represented by one of the top personal injury
lawyers in Chicago who specializes in, among other things, aircraft and
air carrier law. Look for a couple of whole numbers before six zeroes
to the left of the decimal point that UAL and the City of Chicago will
be writing by the time this is over. And THAT'S no gamble.

BTW, you missed my point in the earlier post which was simply that his
mandatory attendance at anger management classes is totally irrelevant
to this situation.

To begin with, you don't know what his attitude was, what he said,
what words he used. A big part of anger management is how to deal
with things like this, how to not escalate it, how to not have it
turn into a flaming disaster, just because you don't get what you
think you deserve.

He was not the aggressor,

Following that logic, the customer who refuses to leave your store
when you tell them to, who refuses to comply with the cop's order
to leave is not the aggressor either.

he just refused to roll
over and play dead like they wanted. Whatever his contract with UAL is
- and he does have a contract - it's a civil matter not a criminal one.

Bingo! Which is why he should have settled it there, not escalate it
by refusing to leave the airplane. Following your logic, all kinds
of civil cases would be settled by one party just refusing to leave.
If LEO can't remove them when they refuse to leave, what a world that
would be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/17 12:37 PM, trader_4 wrote:

United lost millions, but didn't lose more because of the
virtual monopoly they hold in Chicago (thanks Reagan).

Really, show us the accounting for that.

I get a kick out of those, from both sides. Yeah, thank Reagan AND the
Dems in Congress who actually made it possible by voting for the bill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

LMAO! Of course, you're correct (along with T and S) and everyone else
is wrong. It wouldn't have happened if United handled it better. It is
their fault, they did admit that, they expect charges against officers,
blah blah blah but that still isn't enough for you. At least they can
admit when wrong unlike many other self-righteous people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2017 10:31 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/13/2017 11:17 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

I stated a fact. Obviously you missed the "noted as such".

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The police should be involved with trespassers. Do you think the United
employees should have handled the passengers removal. You keep making
up "the facts".

The facts are stated from news source. You failing to see them doesn't
eliminate them. Not my problem.

No, you have bigger problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You obviously just don't get it. Suggest you take a course in
microeconomics.

And you take one in humanity.

United apologized for their ERROR. The policemen involved have
been suspended and face charges of battery.
United lost millions, but didn't lose more because of the
virtual monopoly they hold in Chicago (thanks Reagan).
And an elderly person was beaten and is still in hospital. Who
or what race he is has NOTHING to do with the subject. He was a
passenger.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/file/...airlines11.jpg
[]'s

Elderly person was NOT "beaten". I doubt he is still in the hospital,

Ah, another doctor here in the group that recognizes a
classical case of spontaneous mouth and nose bleed. Gratz.

O sht, we BOTH mistook the diagnosis. Thank dog he can't sue
us !!!
He suffered concussion, lost two teeth and had a fracture to
his nasal bones and maxillary sinus and will need reconstructive
surgery.
That is the official hospital report.

United claims that since he was almost 70, bones break easily,
so maybe they didn't kick him that hard after all. If he was a 5 year
old child he probably would have just bounced along the tarmac.

So I agree with Trader, in a police state you get what you
deserve, even if you don't deserve it.
Long live the Trumpet !!!!
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:38:17 -0500
Gordon Shumway wrote:

One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane
as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my God"! That had to be a
flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to
go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

Turns out:

Doctor Pulled Off United Airlines Suffered Concussion, Broken Nose,
Lost 2 Front Teeth

No matter what no one deserves to have that happen to them.

He will be very rich now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:37:01 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

United apologized for their ERROR. The policemen involved have
been suspended and face charges of battery.

Yeah, they have to throw someone under the bus. Let's see it
they get convicted. I predict the charges will be quietly dropped.
BTW, were you there? Did you see how much force they used, what
they did, what the cop did? Remember "hands up, don't shoot"?

How did snowflake conclude the officers face battery charges? Has he
seen the Information of Probable Cause filed by the local DA.... hell
no, the internal agency investigation hasn't been finished; nor has
the DA decided to prosecute.

Sheesh.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:20:50 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

If LEO can't remove them when they refuse to leave, what a world that
would be.

It should be a federal LEO with the authority to enforce the law. If a
passenger needs to be removed by force or otherwise. Keystone Kops in
civilian clothes? Did they show credentials, a badge and tell the
passenger his options? Didn't look like it to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway wrote:

One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane
as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my God"! That had to be a
flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to
go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

Turns out:

Doctor Pulled Off United Airlines Suffered Concussion, Broken Nose,
Lost 2 Front Teeth

but HOW did it happen? From his thrashing about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:13:20 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

Doctor Pulled Off United Airlines Suffered Concussion, Broken Nose,
Lost 2 Front Teeth

but HOW did it happen? From his thrashing about?

The Keystone Kops will call it self-inflicted injuries. Depends who
writes the report.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Doctor Pulled Off United Airlines Suffered Concussion, Broken Nose,
Lost 2 Front Teeth

but HOW did it happen? From his thrashing about?

The Keystone Kops will call it self-inflicted injuries. Depends who
writes the report.

He fell mouth first into an armrest
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:37:25 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:34:15 -0400, wrote:

He fell mouth first into an armrest

That was one report. At least he didn't "fall up the stairs."

There is a real good video of the fall that ran on NBC news tonight.
He was holding onto a seat on the starboard side and when they pulled
him, he twisted around and landed on a port side aisle arm rest, face
first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

He fell mouth first into an armrest

That was one report. At least he didn't "fall up the stairs."

There is a real good video of the fall that ran on NBC news tonight.
He was holding onto a seat on the starboard side and when they pulled
him, he twisted around and landed on a port side aisle arm rest, face
first.

that is not a beating.

This was the moment of impact
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/United%20doc%20injury.jpg

If the passenger in the C seat had just stuck his arm out, there
probably would not been more than a bruise but they looked like they
were trying to get put the window.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 1:09:10 PM UTC-4, Tony944 wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message

[...]

If it has nothing to do with being a crime, then why should the CEO
pay a fine and serve jail time? That would require a crime, so please
cite the statute.

I agree that it was a civil matter, until the passenger refused to
leave the plane. What do you think would happen at the local hardware
store if you have a civil dispute, the manager insists that you leave
and you refuse? So, he calls the police, they also tell you to leave
and you refuse. How does that end?

which
must be resolved in court of Law, which apparently police decided to take
rules on them self.

The police told the guy to get off the plane. It's not his plane.
He refused, so they removed him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Following that logic, then the police have no right to remove someone
from a store or restaurant when the management has told them to leave,
the police have told them to leave and they refuse.

If he/she was just quietly shopping/dining, and there was no
real emergency, you very accurately described a police state.

Don't change the facts. The situation I described is one where
a customer gets into a dispute with a business, creates a scene,
refuses to leave. The manager calls the police and the police
will enforce the manager's right to remove them from the property.
If the person will not obey the police, what happens next?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey hey hey. Pay day...

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5397409460001/?#sp=show-clips

_United passengers attorney leaves airline defenseless: Judge
Napolitano_
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:42:09 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

If the person will not obey the police, what happens next?

If there are no wants or warrants, they get a ticket?

Maybe get a bump on their head.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2017 8:59 PM, Oren wrote:
Hey hey hey. Pay day...

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5397409460001/?#sp=show-clips

_United passengers attorney leaves airline defenseless: Judge
Napolitano_

In my opinion, the pervert doctor and his fat-faced ambulance chasing lawyer are just looking for an easy payday. Sadly, they'll likely win.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 23:28:16 -0400, Buster Hymen
wrote:

On 4/13/2017 8:59 PM, Oren wrote:
Hey hey hey. Pay day...

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5397409460001/?#sp=show-clips

_United passengers attorney leaves airline defenseless: Judge
Napolitano_

In my opinion, the pervert doctor and his fat-faced ambulance chasing lawyer are just looking for an easy payday. Sadly, they'll likely win.

If the price was right, wouldn't you? Meh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/13/2017 8:59 PM, Oren wrote:
Hey hey hey. Pay day...

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5397409460001/?#sp=show-clips

_United passengers attorney leaves airline defenseless: Judge
Napolitano_

In my opinion, the pervert doctor and his fat-faced ambulance chasing lawyer are just looking for an easy payday. Sadly, they'll likely win.

If the price was right, wouldn't you? Meh.

I would have taken United's offer of $800 cash, a motel room and the free round-trip US ticket.

KORD to KSDF is a 4-1/2 hr expressway drive. I'd have negotiated a rental car in exchange for the motel room. I'd have been home that night sleeping in my own bed.

No fat-faced ambulance chasing lawyers required.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:

When you find yourself at odds with the law, comply peacefully with their
requests.

When you find yourself at odds with the majority opinion, you should
just shut up. What's that, you say? You have "rights"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:40:15 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The police told the guy to get off the plane. It's not his plane.

Or theirs.
It's called a police state.
Get used to it.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't change the facts. The situation I described is one where
a customer gets into a dispute with a business

That never happened on the plane.
Don't change the subject.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2017 5:51 AM, Neill Massello wrote:
Mike wrote:

When you find yourself at odds with the law, comply peacefully with their
requests.

When you find yourself at odds with the majority opinion, you should
just shut up. What's that, you say? You have "rights"?

You comply, and seek your redress, if any, in civil court. You don't
turn it into a criminal matter, with you being the criminal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The police told the guy to get off the plane. It's not his plane.

Or theirs.
It's called a police state.
Get used to it.
[]'s

It is United's and they were the ones telling the guy to get off the
plane and then calling the cops to enforce it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2017 8:51 AM, Neill Massello wrote:
Mike wrote:

When you find yourself at odds with the law, comply peacefully with their
requests.

When you find yourself at odds with the majority opinion, you should
just shut up. What's that, you say? You have "rights"?

Yes, you do have the right to politely argue your point. But every action has unintended consequences. Argue with the intolerant liberal left and they'll likely resort to violence. Maybe that's where you want to be, maybe it's not.

My opinion on all this is that Dr Duh was making big bucks selling prescription drugs and got used to the easy money. Unfortunately (for him) he got caught, lost his license to practice full time and is now going broke. I think when airport authorities
asked him to deplane, he saw an opportunity to make some easy cash. I'm sure if this goes to trial, his legal team will have no trouble finding a panel of easily-duped jurors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 08:00:26 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

that is not a beating.

Doen't matter, the cops still caused the injuries.

If the flight leader had just got on the intercom and announced "We
can push back until that jerk in 22 D gets his ass off this plane" the
passengers would have kicked his ass and threw him onto the jetway.