Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions

I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at the Shark. Mean time I was able to fix the 15 year old
Hoover so I never did buy one.

About 8 years ago I bought a Panasonic upright for work. The person
using it thinks it is OK and the offices are clean.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 22:04:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at the Shark. Mean time I was able to fix the 15 year old
Hoover so I never did buy one.

About 8 years ago I bought a Panasonic upright for work. The person
using it thinks it is OK and the offices are clean.

I have a CanaVac central vac and it is VERY powerful. (it is their
second top line Elite)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2017 6:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I've got a Dyson Absolute Animal vacuum that we bought maybe 6 years
ago. It does a great job on carpet.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 19:32:47 -0400, Meanie wrote:

On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

That is why my house is all 16" X 24" porcelain tile flooring.

My dog can't stand the noise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/4/2017 12:32 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

Indeed, they all end up as dust collectors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 08:11:25 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 4/4/2017 12:32 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

Indeed, they all end up as dust collectors.

Get something about 2kW. 1kW simply isn't enough to pull dirt out of a carpet.

--
From Hollywood Squares:
Host Peter Marshall: Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during your first year?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski was thinking very hard :
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at the Shark. Mean time I was able to fix the 15 year old
Hoover so I never did buy one.

About 8 years ago I bought a Panasonic upright for work. The person using it
thinks it is OK and the offices are clean.

Shark is what She wants now. The Bissell upright She has now just
broke, [the plastic canister] so I'll be getting a new one this week.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 12:28:00 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 08:11:25 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 4/4/2017 12:32 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

Indeed, they all end up as dust collectors.

Get something about 2kW. 1kW simply isn't enough to pull dirt out of
a carpet.

That is true for the inferior **** they sell to males
who wear dresses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles formulated the question :
On 4/3/2017 6:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I've got a Dyson Absolute Animal vacuum that we bought maybe 6 years
ago. It does a great job on carpet.

Thanks Maggs...I'll look at the Dyson line as well this week.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 14:42:36 +0100, Naturous wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 08:11:25 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 4/4/2017 12:32 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

Indeed, they all end up as dust collectors.

Get something about 2kW. 1kW simply isn't enough to pull dirt out of a
carpet.

Like a shop vac?

Maybe, it's a long time since I had one, which exploded. It sucked up a lot of parrot dropping and seed husks, and something got into the motor..

Here it is, 1500W: http://www.shop-vac.eu/shop-vac-ultr...92&language=en

Jesus they cost a lot, mine was 2nd hand for about £30.

--
The modest young lass had just purchased some lingerie and asked if she might have the sentence "If you can read this, you're too damned close" embroidered on her panties and bra.
"Yes madam," said the clerk. "I'm quite certain that could be done. Would you prefer block or script letters ?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 15:04:10 +0100, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 14:42:36 +0100, Naturous wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 08:11:25 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 4/4/2017 12:32 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

Indeed, they all end up as dust collectors.

Get something about 2kW. 1kW simply isn't enough to pull dirt out of a
carpet.

Like a shop vac?

Maybe, it's a long time since I had one, which exploded. It sucked up a lot of parrot dropping and seed husks, and something got into the motor.

Here it is, 1500W: http://www.shop-vac.eu/shop-vac-ultr...92&language=en

Jesus they cost a lot, mine was 2nd hand for about £30.

Odd, it says "32mm diameter hose" - they must have reduced it. Mine was about 70mm. That's what I loved about it, the hose never got clogged like most vacuums.

Oh hang on..... THIS is a vacuum cleaner. THREE KILOWATTS! THREE MOTORS! http://www.aquafed.co.uk/product/300...-3000w-av3000/

--
Statistics show that 25% of all women are on medication for mental illness.
That's scary! It means 75% are running around with no bloody medication at all!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2017 09:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at the Shark. Mean time I was able to fix the 15 year old
Hoover so I never did buy one.

About 8 years ago I bought a Panasonic upright for work. The person
using it thinks it is OK and the offices are clean.

I've used a lot of vacuum cleaners and can only recommend NOT getting a
dirt devil

Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 14:42:36 +0100, Naturous wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 08:11:25 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 4/4/2017 12:32 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

Indeed, they all end up as dust collectors.

Get something about 2kW. 1kW simply isn't enough to pull dirt out of a
carpet.

Like a shop vac?

Maybe, it's a long time since I had one, which exploded. It sucked up a lot
of parrot dropping and seed husks, and something got into the motor.

Here it is, 1500W:
http://www.shop-vac.eu/shop-vac-ultr...92&language=en

Jesus they cost a lot, mine was 2nd hand for about £30.

Nice shop vac. This is the one I got from Sears...
Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-xsp-2...b lockType=G3

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That one looks like it would suck the carpet right off the floors!

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo expressed precisely :
On 04/03/2017 09:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at the Shark. Mean time I was able to fix the 15 year old
Hoover so I never did buy one.

About 8 years ago I bought a Panasonic upright for work. The person
using it thinks it is OK and the offices are clean.

I've used a lot of vacuum cleaners and can only recommend NOT getting a dirt
devil

Agreed. They are junk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/4/2017 8:46 AM, Naturous wrote:
Muggles formulated the question :
On 4/3/2017 6:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I've got a Dyson Absolute Animal vacuum that we bought maybe 6 years
ago. It does a great job on carpet.

Thanks Maggs...I'll look at the Dyson line as well this week.

You're welcome. Hope you find what you need.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well even a 1500W vacuum doesn't suck enough to pull dirt out of a carpet, they're pathetic. And the hoses need to be much wider so stuff doesn't get caught in them.

--
Amanpreet was overheard at the hospital angrily say, "My wife just delivered twins!!!"
A passerby said, "So? You should be happy about that. Why are you so angry?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 17:00:42 +0100, Naturous wrote:

[...]

That just goes to their homepage.

--
Amanpreet was overheard at the hospital angrily say, "My wife just delivered twins!!!"
A passerby said, "So? You should be happy about that. Why are you so angry?"
"I want to know who the son of a bitch is that's the father of the second kid!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword explained :
Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac

Do a search for
"Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac" on the sears site.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles submitted this idea :
On 4/4/2017 8:46 AM, Naturous wrote:
Muggles formulated the question :
On 4/3/2017 6:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

I've got a Dyson Absolute Animal vacuum that we bought maybe 6 years
ago. It does a great job on carpet.

Thanks Maggs...I'll look at the Dyson line as well this week.

You're welcome. Hope you find what you need.

BTW...shoot Me a email when you can please.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2017 06:32 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

And I wish I didn't have carpet. Especially around the cat box.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Would raise a glass of champagne, but I don't drink... won't thank the
great Mojo since I'm an atheist. But there's always chocolate." [J.
Michael Straczynski]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 20:23:41 +0100, Naturous wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword explained :
Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac

Do a search for
"Craftsman XSP 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac" on the sears site.

Here you go, a link that works. Why didn't yours?
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-xsp-2...b lockType=G1

I see no mention of power on that page.

--
Fellows, it's often easier to just give in to your wife. I mean, what's your word against thousands of hers?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/4/2017 3:41 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 04/03/2017 06:32 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 4/3/2017 7:26 PM, Naturous wrote:
I'm looking for a vacuum for carpets.

Any suggestions?

They all suck.

And I wish I didn't have carpet. Especially around the cat box.

You have a choice.

First thing I did when I purchased my house was rip up all carpeting and
had the hardwood floors refinished. I will never have carpeting.

ISP opinions please The Nomad[_3_] UK diy 60 November 16th 15 07:45 PM
OT Opinions? The Other Mike[_3_] UK diy 0 November 30th 12 08:10 PM
Opinions? Mike M Woodworking 17 April 25th 07 01:27 PM
Opinions? Andy Woodworking 0 April 24th 07 05:30 AM
Opinions Please JB Woodworking 5 October 5th 05 07:46 PM