Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinions?

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike M" wrote in message
Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Mike M" wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

Good tools, decent price. I bought that same kit about a year and a half ago.
Works just great. And that compressor's big enough to operate a framing
nailer, too, if you ever want to do that.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike M" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike M" wrote in message
Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

PC nailers are not terribly expensive anyway so that is believable. For
only $129 more you can get "5" nailers and a compressor. Model CFNBNS-UP

AND Free shipping on both sets. Sounds like a good place to start.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Mike M"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

Good tools, decent price. I bought that same kit about a year and a half
ago.
Works just great. And that compressor's big enough to operate a framing
nailer, too, if you ever want to do that.

Thanks, Doug.
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...diy.jsp?BV_Ses...

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

I have two PC nailers and am happy with them. Before you buy think
about what else you might want to use the compressor for. That little
one is not going to run an impact gun, sander or an HVLP sprayer but a
bigger one can't be moved easily.

Check around on the prices and look for sales.
http://coastaltool.com/
http://amazon.com/
http://toolking.com/
are a few

If you just put PC and the model number in the search box of google
you will find plenty of places selling the nailers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:40:51 -0400, "Mike M"
wrote:

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24

Don't have the combo but have used an FN250B for about five years
light duty, and it has been excellent. I bought a 15 Ga. Porter Cable
two years ago, because I wanted to leave the FN250B set up for shorter
nails (got tired of switching the nail guide).

Of course with the brad nailer in the kit, that might not be an issue
for you.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com
RayV writes:
On Apr 23, 7:43 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"Mike M" wrote in message

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...diy.jsp?BV_Ses...

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

I have two PC nailers and am happy with them. Before you buy think
about what else you might want to use the compressor for. That little
one is not going to run an impact gun, sander or an HVLP sprayer but a
bigger one can't be moved easily.

I keep being tempted by this package, but haven't given in yet.
Is that compressor powerful enough to run one framing nailer?
(Completely new to buying air tools.)

--
Drew Lawson http://www.furrfu.com/
"Please understand that we are considerably less interested
Posted to rec.woodworking

(Drew Lawson) wrote in
:

In article .com
RayV writes:
On Apr 23, 7:43 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"Mike M" wrote in message

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to
believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...in/pg_diy.jsp?
BV_Ses

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

I have two PC nailers and am happy with them. Before you buy think
about what else you might want to use the compressor for. That little
one is not going to run an impact gun, sander or an HVLP sprayer but a
bigger one can't be moved easily.

I keep being tempted by this package, but haven't given in yet.
Is that compressor powerful enough to run one framing nailer?
(Completely new to buying air tools.)

Yes.

Patriarch

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 Apr 2007 05:16:41 -0700, RayV wrote:

On Apr 23, 7:43 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"Mike M" wrote in message

[...]

I have a PC nailer and used to put up over 500 feet of 4-layered crown
molding. Never had a jamb. A 25 gallon compressor may have been
overkill for this job, but that's what I have. Be careful with RIDGID
tools, you may be throwing your money away in the long run. I never
regret paying more for a quality tool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:42:54 GMT, (Drew Lawson) wrote:

In article .com
RayV writes:
On Apr 23, 7:43 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"Mike M" wrote in message

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...diy.jsp?BV_Ses...

That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.
Porter Cable
Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

I have two PC nailers and am happy with them. Before you buy think
about what else you might want to use the compressor for. That little
one is not going to run an impact gun, sander or an HVLP sprayer but a
bigger one can't be moved easily.

I keep being tempted by this package, but haven't given in yet.
Is that compressor powerful enough to run one framing nailer?
(Completely new to buying air tools.)

Most definately. When I need portability, I can fill up a 5-gallon
tank ($20 at WalMart) and bring that to the work site. That's enough
to drive a couple dozen nails. Nailers need very little capacity. I
would not buy a small-tank compressor, though your needs may be
different.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 23, 7:43 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"Mike M" wrote in message

[...]

Too late. I picked it up this morning. The guns aren't as cheaply made as
I thought. Shot the cat twice with the finish nailer. Didn't leave a mark.
Now to test the pinner. Where is that goddamned cat!?!?!?
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24

Don't have the combo but have used an FN250B for about five years
light duty, and it has been excellent. I bought a 15 Ga. Porter Cable
two years ago, because I wanted to leave the FN250B set up for shorter
nails (got tired of switching the nail guide).

Of course with the brad nailer in the kit, that might not be an issue
for you.

Frank

Thanks, Frank. Picked it up this morning. I miter cut the cat and finish
nailed him back together. Hardly no blood and no need to recess the nails.

--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV writes:

I keep being tempted by this package, but haven't given in yet.
Is that compressor powerful enough to run one framing nailer?
(Completely new to buying air tools.)

Any standard pressure compressor with a tank will operate a framing nailer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV writes:

I keep being tempted by this package, but haven't given in yet.
Is that compressor powerful enough to run one framing nailer?
(Completely new to buying air tools.)

Any standard pressure compressor with a tank will operate a framing nailer.

Depends on your definition of "operate"... If the tank is too small,
and/or the flow rate of the compressor too low, it'll limit the number of
nails you can shoot before you have to wait for the compressor to build up
pressure again.

--
Regards,

I need your opinions Skey_000 Woodworking 14 March 27th 07 04:03 PM
Opinions? Steve B Metalworking 10 February 16th 06 02:17 AM
Opinions Please JB Woodworking 5 October 5th 05 07:46 PM
Opinions please PeteZahut UK diy 9 May 11th 05 07:39 PM
table saw opinions habbi Woodworking 23 December 26th 04 03:30 PM