Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazon shipping?

Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:00:13 -0500
CRNG wrote:

Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.

Are they waiting on a restock?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/14/2017 07:00 AM, CRNG wrote:
Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.

16GB ? I'm a Prime member and it says it won't be available until the
end of the month. The 32GB version ships today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2017 9:00 AM, CRNG wrote:
Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.

If it is four weeks it is probably out of stock. When you were checking
out it should have given you options for shipping including next day and
Prime 2 day. If they were not offered it is because the item was not
in stock.

Amazon makes money both selling the Kindle and the books for it. I see
no advantage to make you wait four weeks to buy books.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.

Some of the items are shipped by the seller or distributer, and do not
come out of Amazon warehouses. If the shipper is overseas, delivery
can take weeks.

-dan z-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-03-14, slate_leeper wrote:

Some of the items are shipped by the seller or distributer, and do not
come out of Amazon warehouses. If the shipper is overseas, delivery
can take weeks.

I ordered an ink brush pen from Japan. It took 10 days --from Japan!
I ordered a used book from someplace in the Deep South (USA). That
took 4 wks. Both were NOT shipped from an "Amazon warehouse".

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-03-14, slate_leeper wrote:

Some of the items are shipped by the seller or distributer, and do not
come out of Amazon warehouses. If the shipper is overseas, delivery
can take weeks.

I ordered an ink brush pen from Japan. It took 10 days --from Japan!
I ordered a used book from someplace in the Deep South (USA). That
took 4 wks. Both were NOT shipped from an "Amazon warehouse".

It took Stepin Fetchit a while to find the book out in the barn...

Amazon Shipping Is So Weird DerbyDad03 Home Repair 12 March 3rd 17 02:07 AM
Amazon Tool Shipping Leon Woodworking 3 December 10th 05 12:56 AM
Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping D Steck Woodworking 12 October 27th 05 05:57 PM
Amazon quick Shipping Larry Bud Woodworking 1 February 10th 05 04:23 PM
What TYPE PC 557 is Amazon Shipping Fly-by-Night CC Woodworking 3 July 13th 03 03:56 PM