Fly-by-Night CC

Default What TYPE PC 557 is Amazon Shipping

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

FWIW, you aren't entirely correct. The EARLY type 2's had a problem. The
latter runs of the type 2 were corrected. This has been an urban myth for
long enough. Go back in the archives and review the discussions I had with
Owen for some of the particulars...

snipped and pasted from another mssg:

There was much arguing around here a few months ago
on this very subject. I think I won, after sending pictures, and then Owen
got
confirmation from others that their new units were fine too.

Hmmm. I thought I won! Really, I let it die 'cause you seemed so
determined to win... For some reason, I feel the need to quibble nits
again:

MOST of the type 2's had the problem. The patent settlement modification
(hence the "type 2" designation) hit the marketplace during the Spring &
early-Summer of 2000. (My Father's Day gift that year was a type 2 with
the prob - and I had read about the issue here on the rec for a few
months prior.) My first shim was sent out July 19, 2000.

Rumors of non-existent fence setbacks on new type 2's began to crop up
in the late-Fall (October/November-ish?) of last year and seemed to be
getting more common by year's end. The "type 3" designation appeared
about New Years or within a month or so thereafter.

So you can see, hopefully, that for the roughly 2.5 year production run
of the type 2, it was only the last few month's worth in which the
problem appeared to be "fixed". Why P-C didn't rebadge the modified
"2's" immediately as "3's" is a mystery to me.

http://www.flybynightcoppercompany.com
http://www.easystreet.com/~onlnlowe/index.html
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:04:57 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
pixelated:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Hmmm. I thought I won! Really, I let it die 'cause you seemed so
determined to win... For some reason, I feel the need to quibble nits
again:

Please do it via email so the rest of us don't have to
watch, guys. I mean R E A L L Y . . .

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake
--------------------------------------
http://www.diversify.com NoteSHADES(tm) glare guards
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Please do it via email so the rest of us don't have to
watch, guys. I mean R E A L L Y . . .

D F T T

Just didn't want erroneous info to go unanswered, sans-cee.

http://www.flybynightcoppercompany.com
http://www.easystreet.com/~onlnlowe/index.html
Bay Area Dave

Larry,