Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Amazon shipping?

In article ,
says...

Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.

Last I ordered was about a month ago. It did about the same as most of
my orders. Order it on Mon or Tue one week, and it lays around and is
shipped Mon or Tue the next week. Then it comes in a couple of days
about as fast as the mail (ups or whatever) can get it here.

The outside venders usually ship in a few days or sooner.