Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Amazon shipping?

Has anyone (non-prime members) noticed a slowdown in Amazon shipping?
I ordered an Amazon Kindle 8" HD tablet and the estimated shipping
time was 4 weeks. I was tempted to cancel the order, but I'm not in a
hurry to get it, so I let it slide. However, this is the first time
I've ever seen that long of a shipping time on a main-stream Amazon
product.

I don't buy much on Amazon anymore, but I'm wondering if others have
noticed a slow-down. I also wonder if this is intentional so as to
"encourage" people to join their "Prime" membership program.