Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave Temp Cutouts: KSD201 vs KSD301 ??

My second GE Sensor Microwave oven just bit the big one.

This time, I had enough sense to check the fuses and thermostats.

Sure enough, found something at the top inside the case called a
"KSD201/PPS"... it's a normally-closed cutout switch that opens up/cuts
out at 120F.

Resistance test = infinite ohms, jumper around it and the oven works.

But trying to find a replacement is not going well.

OTOH, I come up with a lot of KSD301.... hits and, besides looking the
same, the spec seems tb the same (cutout @120F).

Are these two interchangeable, or am I missing something?
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 10:50:05 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
My second GE Sensor Microwave oven just bit the big one.

This time, I had enough sense to check the fuses and thermostats.

Sure enough, found something at the top inside the case called a
"KSD201/PPS"... it's a normally-closed cutout switch that opens up/cuts
out at 120F.

Resistance test = infinite ohms, jumper around it and the oven works.

But trying to find a replacement is not going well.

OTOH, I come up with a lot of KSD301.... hits and, besides looking the
same, the spec seems tb the same (cutout @120F).

Are these two interchangeable, or am I missing something?
--
Pete Cresswell

The answer to that would be in the spec sheets for the two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per trader_4:
The answer to that would be in the spec sheets for the two.

I finally found a 201 of the proper flavor so now it's moot.

What prompted the question was what I could find approximating spec
sheets seeming to imply the same specs.

But I see conflicts (trigger temp, for instance) even between supposed
specs for the same thing: 201.... OTOH, that lead me to suspect that
there were different 201 flavors around amps, temp, and so-forth.

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:47:47 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per trader_4:
The answer to that would be in the spec sheets for the two.

I finally found a 201 of the proper flavor so now it's moot.

What prompted the question was what I could find approximating spec
sheets seeming to imply the same specs.

But I see conflicts (trigger temp, for instance) even between supposed
specs for the same thing: 201.... OTOH, that lead me to suspect that
there were different 201 flavors around amps, temp, and so-forth.

--
Pete Cresswell

Any idea why it cut out? I had an Insinkerator hot water dispenser
where that happened a few years in. The replacement was a totally
different design, so I guess they were having problems with it.
I had no reason to believe the unit ever overheated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per trader_4:
Any idea why it cut out?

Nobody is owning up to seeing/doing anything unusual with the device.

OTOH, I found some baked-on something-or-other on the rotating glass
plate and the paper towel we usually have on the plate has been soaked
with something brown..... so my money is on somebody putting *something*
in there for some period of time that caused excessive heat.

We are currently blaming the cat.... -)
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 08:26:27 -0800 (PST)
trader_4

The answer to that would be in the spec sheets for the two.

Brilliant Bloody ****ing Brilliant!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to (PeteCresswell), donavonknight wrote:
Can you share where you found one? Mine is out and so is wire connected to it
and I am not having any luck finding one.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...1-1121700-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 10:14:05 AM UTC-4, donavonknight wrote:
replying to (PeteCresswell), donavonknight wrote:
Can you share where you found one? Mine is out and so is wire connected to it
and I am not having any luck finding one.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...1-1121700-.htm

Did you google? Many hits come up:

https://www.ebay.com/c/5014961132

There may be many variations of this though. If the form factor is right,
the two important things would be the temperature it opens at and how
many amps it's rated for. Did you go to an appliance parts website,
put in the model of your oven and look at the parts diagrams?

Make round cutouts in screens... [email protected] Metalworking 30 February 21st 09 02:12 AM
Thermal cutouts GMM UK diy 4 July 15th 08 03:40 PM
Hinge cutouts Eigenvector Home Repair 9 September 27th 06 12:44 AM
Kenmore Wall Mounted Oven / Microwave Combo Temp Sensor [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 14th 06 02:31 PM
Built-in microwave oven temp sensor [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 31st 05 11:01 AM