Posted to alt.home.repair

Default View point to check burner on Kenmore dryer 110.74842400

I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to
service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get
there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is, does it stay on. I
don't think this model has the lower door that swivels down for easy viewing
of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so that it
would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Farber" wrote in message
news
I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to
service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get
there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is, does it stay on. I
don't think this model has the lower door that swivels down for easy
viewing of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so that it
would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.
--

Anyone with normal hearing should be able to hear the burner in a gas dryer
come on.

If the burner stays on a person should be able to feel heat somewhere on the
inside of the drum.

A person could also check the spinning dial on the gas meter to see if gas
is being consumed by the dryer (with all other gas appliances off).

Posted to alt.home.repair

catalpa wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping there was a cutout somewhere where this
could be easily viewed.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Farber" wrote in message news
I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to
service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get
there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is, does it stay on. I
don't think this model has the lower door that swivels down for easy viewing
of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so that it
would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Very first thing you check your exhaust is it clean????

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony944 wrote:
Very first thing you check your exhaust is it clean????

The external parts of the vent and vent hose were removed and cleaned but
the clothes are still are not drying.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber