Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default View point to check burner on Kenmore dryer 110.74842400

"David Farber" wrote in message
news
I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to
service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get
there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is, does it stay on. I
don't think this model has the lower door that swivels down for easy
viewing of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so that it
would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.
--

Anyone with normal hearing should be able to hear the burner in a gas dryer
come on.

If the burner stays on a person should be able to feel heat somewhere on the
inside of the drum.

A person could also check the spinning dial on the gas meter to see if gas
is being consumed by the dryer (with all other gas appliances off).