Posted to alt.home.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default View point to check burner on Kenmore dryer 110.74842400

catalpa wrote:
"David Farber" wrote in message
news
I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need
to service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know
before I get there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is,
does it stay on. I don't think this model has the lower door that
swivels down for easy viewing of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so
that it would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.
--

Anyone with normal hearing should be able to hear the burner in a gas
dryer come on.

If the burner stays on a person should be able to feel heat somewhere
on the inside of the drum.

A person could also check the spinning dial on the gas meter to see
if gas is being consumed by the dryer (with all other gas appliances
off).

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping there was a cutout somewhere where this
could be easily viewed.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA