Norris Watkins

Default April Air filters

Hello:
We are looking to install some extra air filters in our home.
Our service man said he will install what is called "April Air filter"
which sounded like an additional particle filter, that will remove
99.6% of the air particles. It will cost us 400$ for the
installation/hardware/2 years worth supplies.

Is this a good choice. Are there better options ? Will you advice Hepa
B filters ( or any of those costly electronic filters )

We are expecting our first baby in the next couple of months. So
wanted this to be done before that.

Thanks
--nw
m Ransley

Im a homeowner and no Atty. Burt If you are refering to furnace
filters there is a sealing problem with April Air, 2200 the filter
holder doesnt seal completely at the top of the unit allowing dust to
bypass the unit . I also had the rear seal blow out I didnt notice it
for a year, It allowed so much bypass that my 500 duct cleaning job was
ruined. I found this out when removing the basement ducts to insulate
them . So we hand washed the ducts. April Air refused any reimbursement
..
I am suing them for a faulty design , a new air filter and duct
cleaning for 2 locations I have April air.
April air Filter media is good, but a pain in the ass to replace. It
is the case unit , and the unit that holds the filter, that is of poor
design.
Something called maybe Air Bear is a tight fitting design and the
filters are easy to replace. Remember that high filter rating of 99.6 is
acheived when the filter is nearly clogged, their efficiency is much
lower when new, and different size particles are filterd at different
rates. Consumer reports recently reviewed them . But refuse response to
my question of Case seals, and air bypass

Joseph Meehan

I have one of their humidifies and believe it is one of the best around.
I don't know much about their air cleaners other than them make both media
and electronic.

Check out: www.aprilaire.com/ and see what they have.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Norris Watkins" wrote in message
om...
Hello:
We are looking to install some extra air filters in our home.
Our service man said he will install what is called "April Air filter"
which sounded like an additional particle filter, that will remove
99.6% of the air particles. It will cost us 400$ for the
installation/hardware/2 years worth supplies.

Is this a good choice. Are there better options ? Will you advice Hepa
B filters ( or any of those costly electronic filters )

We are expecting our first baby in the next couple of months. So
wanted this to be done before that.

Thanks
--nw

Toller

I have never used the item in question, but Mark seems definitely down on
them.

I had an Honeywell electronic filter and thoroughly hated cleaning it. I
replaced the electronic filter element with a 4" pleated filter. It works
fine, and I can't tell any difference. They sell just the pleated filter,
though I don't know what it would cost you.

m Ransley

Their humidifiers are very good as well may be their higher end air
filter, its a new unit Electronic + Media . Also the 2200 is rebadged
as Lennox and has one seal redesigned . I have the auto adjusting
humidifier and am happy with it.

SQLit

"Norris Watkins" wrote in message
om...
Hello:
We are looking to install some extra air filters in our home.
Our service man said he will install what is called "April Air filter"
which sounded like an additional particle filter, that will remove
99.6% of the air particles. It will cost us 400$ for the
installation/hardware/2 years worth supplies.

Is this a good choice. Are there better options ? Will you advice Hepa
B filters ( or any of those costly electronic filters )

We are expecting our first baby in the next couple of months. So
wanted this to be done before that.

Thanks
--nw

Please do some reading at WW Grainger's for replacement air filters.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...mId=1611783580

This is similar to what I use in my home. Get the Grainger catalog and they
tell you about the different levels of cleaning. I use the one just down
from the top because my air handler does not like the resistance from the
best one. The filters say that they can be run for 2 months, I change every
30 days. The filters come in a 12 pack, 12 months. $5-6 bucks a piece if you
do not buy them on sale. (semi-annual air filter sale, I try to hit one of
them)

I have 2 Sharper Ionic breezes. Easy to clean silent and no added
pressure to the a/c system.
I have no floaties in the air, with 2 dogs that is a pretty good trick.
I purchased one of the 1 inch thick filters that you can clean with a hose.
Never worked very well for the small particles. 1" pleated paper for me.
Just one persons opinion.

CBhvac

"Norris Watkins" wrote in message
om...
Hello:
We are looking to install some extra air filters in our home.
Our service man said he will install what is called "April Air filter"
which sounded like an additional particle filter, that will remove
99.6% of the air particles. It will cost us 400$ for the
installation/hardware/2 years worth supplies.

Is this a good choice. Are there better options ? Will you advice Hepa
B filters ( or any of those costly electronic filters )

Hepa filters for the home are a waste of money at the present moment. You
are better off with a single 1 inch pleated paper, NOT the 3M brand, or a 4
inch Air Bear type. AprilAire currently makes a fine filter, but the filter
base will at times leak.
Air Bear is currently the filter of choice, and in MOST cases you will
indeed need a manual D done to insure that your static pressure is not
effected in a negative way by the addition of it.

We are expecting our first baby in the next couple of months. So
wanted this to be done before that.

If you are expecting, consider using the AirBear, and a UV-C band lamp for
the ductwork. You will be amazed at how well the combination works.
Do not consider the Ion Particle generation units, like the Ionic
Breeze...bad mistake if you read up on them, you will understand why.

Thanks
--nw

Dustfoe 88 filters Sasha Woodworking 5 June 9th 04 10:09 PM
Cermic Filters. Jamie Electronics Repair 0 February 9th 04 12:28 PM
Furnace filters DaveG Home Repair 11 October 30th 03 06:03 AM
Water filters. Whole house? Shower head? Don Wiss Home Repair 7 October 27th 03 12:56 AM