m Ransley

Default April Air filters

Im a homeowner and no Atty. Burt If you are refering to furnace
filters there is a sealing problem with April Air, 2200 the filter
holder doesnt seal completely at the top of the unit allowing dust to
bypass the unit . I also had the rear seal blow out I didnt notice it
for a year, It allowed so much bypass that my 500 duct cleaning job was
ruined. I found this out when removing the basement ducts to insulate
them . So we hand washed the ducts. April Air refused any reimbursement
..
I am suing them for a faulty design , a new air filter and duct
cleaning for 2 locations I have April air.
April air Filter media is good, but a pain in the ass to replace. It
is the case unit , and the unit that holds the filter, that is of poor
design.
Something called maybe Air Bear is a tight fitting design and the
filters are easy to replace. Remember that high filter rating of 99.6 is
acheived when the filter is nearly clogged, their efficiency is much
lower when new, and different size particles are filterd at different
rates. Consumer reports recently reviewed them . But refuse response to
my question of Case seals, and air bypass