SQLit

Default April Air filters

"Norris Watkins" wrote in message
om...
Hello:
We are looking to install some extra air filters in our home.
Our service man said he will install what is called "April Air filter"
which sounded like an additional particle filter, that will remove
99.6% of the air particles. It will cost us 400$ for the
installation/hardware/2 years worth supplies.

Is this a good choice. Are there better options ? Will you advice Hepa
B filters ( or any of those costly electronic filters )

We are expecting our first baby in the next couple of months. So
wanted this to be done before that.

Thanks
--nw

Please do some reading at WW Grainger's for replacement air filters.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...mId=1611783580

This is similar to what I use in my home. Get the Grainger catalog and they
tell you about the different levels of cleaning. I use the one just down
from the top because my air handler does not like the resistance from the
best one. The filters say that they can be run for 2 months, I change every
30 days. The filters come in a 12 pack, 12 months. $5-6 bucks a piece if you
do not buy them on sale. (semi-annual air filter sale, I try to hit one of
them)

I have 2 Sharper Ionic breezes. Easy to clean silent and no added
pressure to the a/c system.
I have no floaties in the air, with 2 dogs that is a pretty good trick.
I purchased one of the 1 inch thick filters that you can clean with a hose.
Never worked very well for the small particles. 1" pleated paper for me.
Just one persons opinion.