CBhvac

Default April Air filters

"Norris Watkins" wrote in message
om...
Hello:
We are looking to install some extra air filters in our home.
Our service man said he will install what is called "April Air filter"
which sounded like an additional particle filter, that will remove
99.6% of the air particles. It will cost us 400$ for the
installation/hardware/2 years worth supplies.

Is this a good choice. Are there better options ? Will you advice Hepa
B filters ( or any of those costly electronic filters )

Hepa filters for the home are a waste of money at the present moment. You
are better off with a single 1 inch pleated paper, NOT the 3M brand, or a 4
inch Air Bear type. AprilAire currently makes a fine filter, but the filter
base will at times leak.
Air Bear is currently the filter of choice, and in MOST cases you will
indeed need a manual D done to insure that your static pressure is not
effected in a negative way by the addition of it.

We are expecting our first baby in the next couple of months. So
wanted this to be done before that.

If you are expecting, consider using the AirBear, and a UV-C band lamp for
the ductwork. You will be amazed at how well the combination works.
Do not consider the Ion Particle generation units, like the Ionic
Breeze...bad mistake if you read up on them, you will understand why.

Thanks
--nw