KnobCourt

Default Dryer eating clothes!!???!!

My front loading dryer is about 5 years old but has been heavily used. It has
started to pull clothes up into the gap between the drum and the front panel.
This is combined with the fact that the felt seal around the front panel on the
inside has lost a chunk of felt towards the inside of the dryer, so that the
clothes that get pulled up end up getting rubbed until there is a hole worn in
them. Needless to say my wife is not happy about this and wants to buy a new
dryer. I contend that this may be fixable (by me). So my questions a
1. How can I close the gap between the drum and the front panel so that the
clothes do not get stuck in there and/or
2. How can I replace the felt seal around the front panel - it appears to be
glued on and the plastic tabs all broke off.
Thanks for any help you can provide to save me some dough!
Thanks
Bob

David Babcock

"KnobCourt" wrote in message
[...]

This is very much like an older car, is it worth spending money to keep it
running over and over. And that is a decision only you can make.
But, to quote a recently famous person............Dr. Phil,
"If Momma is happy, everyone is happy".
Buy the dryer, but don't make it a birthday, anniversary, etc. type present.

Dave

jim

KnobCourt wrote:

[...]

you can buy the felt seals, the plastic shroud(sp???) and a tube a
special glue(cost about $20 for the glue).. and repair the thing... then
it wont catch the clothes....

berkshire bill

"KnobCourt" wrote in message
[...]

I've always found at least one friendly appliance repair / parts shop in
every city. If you bring the make, model and serial number with you and
explain the problem there are often repair kits available. Other than your
machine is five years old there isn't much to go on, but there are
replacement bearing, glides and seals to solve your problem. If local
doesn't work try http://appliancerepair.com/ .

Happy modeming,
Bill

Hound Dog

"KnobCourt" wrote in message
[...]

Considering the cost of clothes today, you could easily have at least $500
to $1000 worth of clothing at risk every time your dryer is used.

Unless you know exactly what to do, and apparently you don't, buy a new
dryer.

Hound Dog

wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:15:13 -0600, "Hound Dog"
wrote:

"KnobCourt" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds to me like you are calling him an idiot (or worse).
How would you like it if someone called YOU an idiot (or worse)?
You ought to be ashamed of yourself for judging someone you dont even
know, and abusing their mental state of mind. It's no wonder this
world has wars and killings. It's people like yourself who **** off
others that cause all the violence in the world.

Do you think Christ would have judged another human being like you
just did? After all, it's Christmas. Once again, shame on you !!!!
You should strive for peace and harmony in this world, but instead you
have only asserted your anger and created a state of hatred. Are you
proud of yourself, and you lack of concern for a fellow human being?
I surely hope not !!!!

As far as buying a new dryer, what if he cant afford a new dryer?

Not everyone is a wealthy moron prick like yourself !!!!!!

In his post it was apparent he did not know what to do. I did NOT call him
any names. ( Something you seem to like to do.)

As far as affording to buy a new dryer, it will probably cost him more
buying new clothes to replace the ones destroyed in his old dryer than it
would to buy a new dryer.

I suggest you spend a lot more time in church and much less time on the
computer. You may also want to spend some time taking a reading class.

KnobCourt

I don't know why you assume that my wife does the laundry...that's pretty
sexist if you ask me.
KnobCourt

Holy Cow, I don't think I have ever owned $500-$1000 worth of clothes
collectively in my entire life...I shop at Wal Mart and thrift stores...which
is why I need to repair my dryer instead of buying a new one...
Why are rich people always so mean???
Hound Dog

"KnobCourt" wrote in message
Holy Cow, I don't think I have ever owned $500-$1000 worth of clothes
collectively in my entire life...I shop at Wal Mart and thrift

stores...which
is why I need to repair my dryer instead of buying a new one...
Why are rich people always so mean???

Ask your wife what she has to spend on clothes, I think you are in for a
rude awakening.