David Babcock

Default Dryer eating clothes!!???!!

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
(KnobCourt) wrote:

-snip-
Needless to say my wife is not happy about this and wants to buy a new
dryer. I contend that this may be fixable (by me). So my questions a
1. How can I close the gap between the drum and the front panel so that

the
clothes do not get stuck in there and/or
2. How can I replace the felt seal around the front panel - it appears

to be
glued on and the plastic tabs all broke off.
Thanks for any help you can provide to save me some dough!

First you price the felt & rollers. [and a belt and tensioner while
you have it apart] Ask the guy at the parts place what else is
about to go on *your* make/model. Mine saved me a trip one time
when he suggested I get the squirrel cage fan- $10 & it was shot, but
I hadn't checked it because my old dryer had a different, more durable
fan]

Then price the parts + the time- including chasing parts + the
disapproving looks from the Mrs. + the difference in energy usage of
your old dryer vs a new one.

Against that figure, price a new dryer, less a days labor, less the
energy savings. Tell your wife you're considering a new dryer & ask
what she'll throw in to sweeten the pot.

I'll bet you get the new one.

Jim

Jim, you're a dog.............a wise lecherous dog.......I think I like you.

Dave