BFSUGGS

Default Lifting top of GE clothes dryer

I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old dryer, I just put a screw
driver between the top and front to push in the clamps (or whatever they are
called) to lift the top of the dryer. I want to remove the front of the dryer
to vaccuum out the lint buildup. I cannot push the clamps in to loosen the
top. Any ideas?
Martin & Karen

I fixed a dryer at work not long ago, I don't remember what make it was, it
may have been a GE. I put the dryer on its side, then removed two screws at
the bottom of the front panel and that allowed me to remove the front panel
and access the inside.

I hope this works for you. Let us know.

Martin

"BFSUGGS" wrote in message
I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old dryer, I just put a

screw
driver between the top and front to push in the clamps (or whatever they

are
called) to lift the top of the dryer. I want to remove the front of the

dryer
to vaccuum out the lint buildup. I cannot push the clamps in to loosen

the
top. Any ideas?

Dan O.

BFSUGGS wrote

I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old
dryer, I just put a screw driver between the top
and front to push in the clamps to lift the top of
the dryer. I want to remove the front of the dryer
to vaccuum out the lint buildup. I cannot push
the clamps in to loosen the top.

You can read how to access the innards of the newer style GE dryer at
the following link:

http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html

Dan O.
-