kjpro

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
George Wenzel wrote:

In article , C G
says...
Don't worry much, that was just the rantings of a "pro" who has

been
conditioned to disparage anything a DIYer might use. It helps them
protect their markups.

Perhaps. I just had a humidifier installed on my furnace, and the
installer mentioned that they had a thermostat/humidistat made by

Lennox
that could control everything in one place. Thankfully they weren't

at
all pushy in recommending it - they only mentioned that it was

available.
I nearly crapped my pants when they said it cost $450CDN.

I think I'll stick with the $45CDN Lux that I bought at Home Depot.

It
seems to be working just fine for me. :-)

And even if it dies in a couple years, you can replace it 9 times

before
you get to the price of that wonderstat recommended by your installer.

You are really clueless........

Actually, it seems you are.

The thermidistat his installer suggested is a thermostat and a

humidistat
all in one.

So?

It's for comfort...........something you don't understand.

No, the heater and humidifier provide the comfort. The control is
allegedly for the convenience of having everything in one place, at a
rather high price. It seems you can't accept other people's financial
priorities without resorting to insults.

It controls several different things on the system as a whole.

At $450 it should wash the dishes and take care of the kids.

There you go............I post just enough info for you to put your foot in
your MOUTH!!

The thermidistat is for more than just putting the controls in one spot!!

It controls the temp and humid rather the unit needs to add any heat or not.

Most humidifiers add humidity only while the furnace is calling for heat.

Unlike the thermidistat that controls the whole environment.
(read about one.........and try to learn something)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
.com...

What on earth makes you think I would call someone as arrogant as you to
do anything in my house?

What makes you think I have the time to take on such customers as yourself??

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

AJScott

Wow, you dudes in this string are just way too cold than most people
need to be. I think I'll just crawl my simple, goat-herder ass back to
the "who sells a plain old ladder?" thread.

AJS

In article ,
"kjpro" ( kjpro @ starband . com ) see-my-sig-for-e-mail wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...

What on earth makes you think I would call someone as arrogant as you to
do anything in my house?

What makes you think I have the time to take on such customers as yourself??

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"AJScott" wrote in message
Wow, you dudes in this string are just way too cold than most people
need to be. I think I'll just crawl my simple, goat-herder ass back to
the "who sells a plain old ladder?" thread.

AJS

It's not that............it just gets old hearing from a clueless twit like
C G.......

while he's a HO that thinks he knows more than the pro's do!

The pro's that lurk here are the cream of the top, the best of the best.

And are genuine HONEST guys trying to help people out.
(with out helping them get hurt)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
George Wenzel wrote:

[...]

Not really.

The thermidistat is for more than just putting the controls in one spot!!

Yes, it also provides an opportunity for "pros" to gouge unsuspecting
customers.

It controls the temp and humid rather the unit needs to add any heat or not.

Did you get this from a marketing manual?

Most humidifiers add humidity only while the furnace is calling for heat.

And most of the time that is more than adequate.

C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...

What on earth makes you think I would call someone as arrogant as you to
do anything in my house?

What makes you think I have the time to take on such customers as yourself??

You're probably too busy installing overpriced thermidistats.
C G

kjpro wrote:

"AJScott" wrote in message
Wow, you dudes in this string are just way too cold than most people
need to be. I think I'll just crawl my simple, goat-herder ass back to
the "who sells a plain old ladder?" thread.

AJS

It's not that............it just gets old hearing from a clueless twit like
C G.......

You have a problem with control. You do not want anyone to offer
opinions which might contradict one of your precious "pros"

while he's a HO that thinks he knows more than the pro's do!

Never said I did. Unfortunately, you and CB seem to have a problem when
someone offers a different perspective.

The pro's that lurk here are the cream of the top, the best of the best.

Sure they are.
m Ransley

I put in a Lux at 2 locations. one 2 yrs ago used to have a 2 degree
spread this week it started running No temp spread and the rotary
control for accesing features has to be giggled to make contact. The
second one a year old was operating a 2 degree spread, now its 3 . Both
are their best units. Both replaced Honywell mercury type that never
failed, I really wonder if I will get much life out of them. So much
for modern technology and cheap Chinese bs. HD stopped carring Lux ,
now I know why.

j j

"TURTLE" wrote in message
JJ , we are talking about clicking and not voltages.

read the post I replied to. The guy asked why thermostats might use relays
and not solid state switches. High voltage/current thermostats might be one
place where you can't stick a powerful enough solid state switch.

You have me on the 12 volt control of your system. i would like to know

what
type uses this 12 volts to control with.

It's probably my mistake, it must be 24V
it's an oil-burning boiler, pretty standard.

kjpro

"m Ransley" wrote in message
I put in a Lux at 2 locations. one 2 yrs ago used to have a 2 degree
spread this week it started running No temp spread and the rotary
control for accesing features has to be giggled to make contact. The
second one a year old was operating a 2 degree spread, now its 3 . Both
are their best units. Both replaced Honywell mercury type that never
failed, I really wonder if I will get much life out of them. So much
for modern technology and cheap Chinese bs. HD stopped carring Lux ,
now I know why.

Awwwwwwwwwww........now you gone and done it!!

C G is going to call you a know nothing pro if you keep this up!!
(he's so clueless)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"AJScott" wrote in message
Wow, you dudes in this string are just way too cold than most people
need to be. I think I'll just crawl my simple, goat-herder ass back to
the "who sells a plain old ladder?" thread.

AJS

It's not that............it just gets old hearing from a clueless twit

like
C G.......

You have a problem with control. You do not want anyone to offer
opinions which might contradict one of your precious "pros"

Nope, not at all............just a problem with someone like you acting to
know it all!!
Opinions is one thing........condemning someone that's a pro in the
field.......
............without having your FACTS straight (which you don't) is another!

while he's a HO that thinks he knows more than the pro's do!

Never said I did. Unfortunately, you and CB seem to have a problem when
someone offers a different perspective.

No, you condemn our perspective with-out having your FACTS straight.
A different perspective that is a reasonable opinion........I never reply.
(sorry, you have an inVALID reply)

The pro's that lurk here are the cream of the top, the best of the best.

Sure they are.

You finally got something right!

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...

What on earth makes you think I would call someone as arrogant as you

do anything in my house?

What makes you think I have the time to take on such customers as

yourself??

You're probably too busy installing overpriced thermidistats.

You have not a clue to what I install or do in a days work.

But, yes I have customers that understand more than just a simple
stat......unlike you.

They want quality, comfort, and reliability.
(something you don't understand)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
George Wenzel wrote:

[...]

I know you're just to ignorant to see and comprehend the facts.

The thermidistat is for more than just putting the controls in one

spot!!

Yes, it also provides an opportunity for "pros" to gouge unsuspecting
customers.

I'm very thorough with my customers......that's way they are *my* clients.

It controls the temp and humid rather the unit needs to add any heat or

not.

Did you get this from a marketing manual?

Training seminar...........ever heard of one??
(I doubt it)

Most humidifiers add humidity only while the furnace is calling for

heat.

And most of the time that is more than adequate.

And then you stick that foot in your mouth again.........

But, what if it's in the summer time and the humidity level in the home is
to high?
Then what, Genius??

Oh, now you better go look to see what a thermidistat does in this
situation.......
(remember I said total comfort........that means *all* year......not just
winter)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

m Ransley

Carrier has a thermidistat for 250, and it removes humidity in summer by
runnng your unit at its lowest speed. But you need the variable speed
furnace. The rip off lennx price is Lennoxs deal not the installers.
You could get a carrier for maybe 120 mail order , But since CG is such
a Ass It All he should know that, but he puts a but plug in his ass
and lets it come out his mouth

m Ransley

Ok CG im just a Dumb homemoaner

C G

kjpro wrote:

"m Ransley" wrote in message
I put in a Lux at 2 locations. one 2 yrs ago used to have a 2 degree
spread this week it started running No temp spread and the rotary
control for accesing features has to be giggled to make contact. The
second one a year old was operating a 2 degree spread, now its 3 . Both
are their best units. Both replaced Honywell mercury type that never
failed, I really wonder if I will get much life out of them. So much
for modern technology and cheap Chinese bs. HD stopped carring Lux ,
now I know why.

Awwwwwwwwwww........now you gone and done it!!

C G is going to call you a know nothing pro if you keep this up!!
(he's so clueless)

Seems you've developed some kind of fixation for me. I read his post
and moved to the next one without comment. Maybe you should seek some
kind of professional help.
C G

m Ransley wrote:

Carrier has a thermidistat for 250, and it removes humidity in summer by
runnng your unit at its lowest speed. But you need the variable speed
furnace. The rip off lennx price is Lennoxs deal not the installers.
You could get a carrier for maybe 120 mail order , But since CG is such
a Ass It All he should know that, but he puts a but plug in his ass
and lets it come out his mouth

Who the hell asked you? This started when an installer tried to sell a
Lennox, not Carrier. Go back to sleep.
C G

m Ransley wrote:

Ok CG im just a Dumb homemoaner

What prompted that comment, and the one in your next post? I said
nothing about your post. Perhaps you are letting kjpro's fixation get
to you?
C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

snip

Not really.

I know you're just to ignorant to see and comprehend the facts.

That's the problem with arrogant people like you, you think you know
more than you do about others.

The thermidistat is for more than just putting the controls in one

spot!!

Yes, it also provides an opportunity for "pros" to gouge unsuspecting
customers.

I'm very thorough with my customers......that's way they are *my* clients.

It controls the temp and humid rather the unit needs to add any heat or

not.

Did you get this from a marketing manual?

Training seminar...........ever heard of one??

Yes, among other things, it's where you learn, among other things, what
kind of lines to use when trying to sell a product that may not be
necessary.

(I doubt it)

Most humidifiers add humidity only while the furnace is calling for

heat.

And most of the time that is more than adequate.

And then you stick that foot in your mouth again.........

Actually, you are about to.

But, what if it's in the summer time and the humidity level in the home is
to high?
Then what, Genius??

I've heard this is a very big problem in Canada, NOT.

C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...

What on earth makes you think I would call someone as arrogant as you

do anything in my house?

What makes you think I have the time to take on such customers as

yourself??

You're probably too busy installing overpriced thermidistats.

You have not a clue to what I install or do in a days work.

But, yes I have customers that understand more than just a simple
stat......unlike you.

And you have no idea what I do and do not understand. You're just too
arrogant to figure this out.

They want quality, comfort, and reliability.

And probably reasonable value for their money.

(something you don't understand)

Wrong again.
m Ransley

You get lost CG you are making alot over nothing

C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

"AJScott" wrote in message
Wow, you dudes in this string are just way too cold than most people
need to be. I think I'll just crawl my simple, goat-herder ass back to
the "who sells a plain old ladder?" thread.

AJS

It's not that............it just gets old hearing from a clueless twit

like
C G.......

You have a problem with control. You do not want anyone to offer
opinions which might contradict one of your precious "pros"

Nope, not at all............just a problem with someone like you acting to
know it all!!

Gee, what a pity. I had no idea you pros were so sensitive.

Opinions is one thing........condemning someone that's a pro in the
field.......

My comment was valid. Many trade pros are trained to say bad things
about generally available products. One of the effects of limiting
access to products is that it allows the dealer/installer to charge
whatever price the market will bear. Note, I was not commenting on CB's
pricing, merely on his slamming of consumer products. I also was not
defending the products he slammed.

...........without having your FACTS straight (which you don't) is another!

You are just miffed because you do not like people outside your trade
commenting on the methods you use to control pricing.

while he's a HO that thinks he knows more than the pro's do!

Never said I did. Unfortunately, you and CB seem to have a problem when
someone offers a different perspective.

No, you condemn our perspective with-out having your FACTS straight.

Actually, you condemned my perspective without considering that in many
cases it is valid.

A different perspective that is a reasonable opinion........I never reply.
(sorry, you have an inVALID reply)

Your reply to mRaneley is an example of your oh-so-perfect behaviour,
right?
C G

CBhvac wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
George Wenzel wrote:

In article ,
says...
Problem #1..Hunter and Lux, Cheapest of the Cheap. Garbage. Total

complete,
utter crap.

Can you provide some more info? I have a Lux, and haven't had any
problems with it (thus far). It's never made a noticeable click, to my
knowledge.

Don't worry much, that was just the rantings of a "pro" who has been
conditioned to disparage anything a DIYer might use. It helps them
protect their markups.

No...it was not a ranting...a ranting is this...

Start of example:

You stupid ****er...You paid for that Hunter and Lux what I can install a
real thermostat for....Lowes sells Honeywells Chronotherm 3s for what?? 89
on special?
Funny...we install them for less....thats parts and labor.

End of example.

Now, what I WAS trying to do was give you real world advice from someone
that sees more in a day than you might EVER see.
I also offered to help you out, and had you asked, I would have offered to
send you a decent stat for less than you can get it for at Lowes...

Offered to help me? What's up with that? I was not asking for help.

Note, the following is not intended as a slam, it is a sincere attempt
to provide you with a different perspective. Do with it whatever you
wish. In case you did not realize this, your post did not contain
anything close to an offer. It did contain some helpful technical
information. However, when you say things like "Honeywell makes a few
high end units that you cant just run out and buy" and "It is very hard
to locate outside of CA, but we use them all the time here in NC", you
are not offering to help. The message you are giving is that you are a
pro and you have access to things the DIYer can't get. Think about it.

BTW...my
markup..LOL...I wish you could see the markup...its much less than you
think, but if you knew what real wholesale was, and not what you see on the
internet, then you might understand how bad you get screwed at Lowes, and
Home Depot, and the like.

I've already got a pretty good idea of this. I recently installed the
security system in my new house. When it was up and running, I called
someone from a local company to come verify my work and do the final
programming so it could be monitored. When he was finished he asked
where I got the equipment, cause it's not generally available. I showed
him my invoice and he was quite irritated, cause I got the stuff for
less than he was paying.

BTW, I just installed a 94% gas furnace for under $1000 for a customer...the
next closest bid was $3400....think about that for a moment, and then, ask
yourself why I bother in here when advice in person isnt free.
When you want to slam someone, thats trying to help, get your damn facts
clear, and complete before you make a fool of yourself.

If you are actually trying to help, think about how you express
yourself.

Now....freeze or deal with the click.

Oh...and I just happen to have one of the thermostats I mentioned to you
that was a good unit. Now, if you want it, the markup is 0. You can have it
at cost, but the asshole fee for shipping will kill ya.

Sigh....another homeowner that thinks we are all out to get em...sad
fella..real sad.

Never said you are ALL out to get us, but you've got to admit there are
enough that are to cause homeowners to be really skeptical.
C G

CBhvac wrote:
snip

Man..its pointless...if I was not in the trade, and just a homeowner, and
gave that advice, it would have been treated like wow...
But let someone that is in the trade, that might actually know what the hell
he is talking about offer some time in here, and you get treated like a
crimminal..
They are scared I might actually rip em off..for free...wow...isnt that
amazing? And then they wonder why in the other group we bitch about
em....screw it...its his system...he prob owns something like a Lexus and
uses Quality Mart branded oil in it...LOL..and the filter? You mean its got
to be changed??? Get the point?
First he got screwed buying an overpriced Toyota, and then...GASP! You mean
there is more to keep up on it? Those damn tires should have lasted another
4 years...and 200,000 miles. Then he goes to Sams Club or someplace and
thinks that hes getting a deal, while he could have asked and found the same
tire for less..but GOD HELP if someone from Firestone offers advice...then
hes looking to get the biz...
Screw it....let him figure it out....
I got an oil furnace down the road he can go work on too...hes so smurt!

Was any of this really necessary? Think about it. A couple people
commented on the way you replied. Your response is to go on a major
campaign to disparage them. What we said MAY not apply to the way YOU
do business, but it is very true for many in your trade.

C G

m Ransley wrote:

You get lost CG you are making alot over nothing

The way you write forces me to ask this question: Does your daddy know
you are using his computer?
kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
. com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
kjpro wrote:

[...]

No, that's a sales meating.........idiot!!

(I doubt it)

Most humidifiers add humidity only while the furnace is calling for

heat.

And most of the time that is more than adequate.

And then you stick that foot in your mouth again.........

Actually, you are about to.

But, what if it's in the summer time and the humidity level in the home

is
to high?
Then what, Genius??

I've heard this is a very big problem in Canada, NOT.

Sorry, I forgot that everyone on this board lives in
Canada..............NOT!!
(you lose)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
. com...

You are just miffed because you do not like people outside your trade
commenting on the methods you use to control pricing.

I don't control the pricing..........
........the manufactures do!!

Anything else you want to post, that dis-qualifies you as an authority??

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
m Ransley wrote:

You get lost CG you are making alot over nothing

The way you write forces me to ask this question: Does your daddy know
you are using his computer?

That'd be better than you using your Gay lovers computer, ehh???

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
. com...

Seems you've developed some kind of fixation for me. I read his post
and moved to the next one without comment. Maybe you should seek some
kind of professional help.

Your the one that is telling us PRO's how things work, while you know very,
very little!!

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
. com...

(something you don't understand)

Wrong again.

If you understood,
you wouldn't be trying to tell us pro's what's better in OUR line of work!

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
. com...
kjpro wrote:

snip

But, what if it's in the summer time and the humidity level in the home

is
to high?
Then what, Genius??

I've heard this is a very big problem in Canada, NOT.

Sorry, I forgot that everyone on this board lives in
Canada..............NOT!!
(you lose)

As I suspected, you can't even keep track of what you are discussing.
The person who brought up the topic of thermidistats was
from..........Canada. You are so lost in your arrognace you didn't even
bother to check the details before trying to slam someone.
C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
. com...

You are just miffed because you do not like people outside your trade
commenting on the methods you use to control pricing.

I don't control the pricing..........
.......the manufactures do!!

They control the price you pay, not the price you sell it for, within
bounds, or the installation costs. You decide the total cost, not them.

Anything else you want to post, that dis-qualifies you as an authority??

So far, all you've done is shown your arrogance.
C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
m Ransley wrote:

You get lost CG you are making alot over nothing

The way you write forces me to ask this question: Does your daddy know
you are using his computer?

That'd be better than you using your Gay lovers computer, ehh???

Just have to keep showing your fixation, don't you? You really should
consider therapy to help cure you of your anti-social behaviour.
C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
. com...

(something you don't understand)

Wrong again.

If you understood,
you wouldn't be trying to tell us pro's what's better in OUR line of work!

More of your arrogance. Seems you think you are good at lecturing.
It's a pity you are so full of yourself.

C G

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
. com...

Seems you've developed some kind of fixation for me. I read his post
and moved to the next one without comment. Maybe you should seek some
kind of professional help.

Your the one that is telling us PRO's how things work, while you know very,
very little!!

You're the one who thought summer comfort was a feature that would help
sell a thermidistat in Canada. Seems you need someone to help you keep
up.
TURTLE

"j j" wrote in message
.. .

"TURTLE" wrote in message
JJ , we are talking about clicking and not voltages.

read the post I replied to. The guy asked why thermostats might use relays
and not solid state switches. High voltage/current thermostats might be

one
place where you can't stick a powerful enough solid state switch.

This is Turtle.

No city or Area code of any Kind let's you use line voltage on residentiual
equipment. Low end RThermostat equipment used Phycial relays and High end
Thermostat stuff uses Solid State.

TURTLE

j j

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"j j" wrote in message
.. .

"TURTLE" wrote in message
JJ , we are talking about clicking and not voltages.

read the post I replied to. The guy asked why thermostats might use

relays
and not solid state switches. High voltage/current thermostats might be

one
place where you can't stick a powerful enough solid state switch.

This is Turtle.

No city or Area code of any Kind let's you use line voltage on

residentiual
equipment. Low end RThermostat equipment used Phycial relays and High end
Thermostat stuff uses Solid State.

what about thermostats for baseboard electric heaters? Those are 240V
like this one http://www.aubetech.com/english/apec2.html#TH110
240V, relay, digital.

George E. Cawthon

kjpro wrote:

((snipped))

Thanks for the explanation. I understand the need for
clicks in mechanical systems. BUT, we live in a computer
and semiconductor age. I'm no electronics guy so don't know
much about bleed through.
My computer turns all sort of stuff on and off inside the
case, and except for a grunting hard disk, there are no
click like noises; lots of motor whine, doors opening and
closing, but I don't hear clicks except those I make with
the keyboard and mouse. If my computer were operating
peripherals about the house, I would put the relays, if
needed, in the peripheral. I can understand relay noise
with heavy amperage, but there is no reason to have high
amperage within an electronic thermostat. Maybe it isn't a
design flaw, just a design that cheap or fails to take
advantage of newer technology, but I can't see it as a plus,
unless simplicity, univeral applications, low cost, or some
other think is the primary purpose.

I get really ****ed at extraneous and unknow cause noises.
I don't even like clicks from light switches; that's why I
use silent or mercury switches. Lots of electronic stuff
burps, buzzes, vibrates, but it most cases it because of
poorly made or poorly installed parts (too tight, too loose,
or failure to use an insulator.

My Amana gas heater ****es me off with the noise it makes
when it turns on. I'm told there is nothing they can do.
The noise goes straight into the plenum and then to a
bedroom bath where is much louder than standing right 1 foot
from the furnace. It's a high pitched whine which could be
either electrical or mechanical. It starts just before or
at the same time as the inducer fan starts, before the
burner comes on, and before the main blower starts. It is
not the inducer fan--with the cover panel off the inducer
fan runs very quitely. Whatever it is, it is the first
thing and continues until the inducer fan shuts off, but the
whine is masked when the burner comes on.

That's what you get for buying an AMANA.

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

That's what a two friends bought and both researched it (one
of them probably on price). But what do I know I just went
along with them. My AC is Carrier, so what kind of gas
furnace has high reliability and other desirable points? In
case my next house needs a furnace.
kjpro

"C G" wrote in message
. com...
kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
. com...
kjpro wrote:

snip

But, what if it's in the summer time and the humidity level in the

home
is
to high?
Then what, Genius??

I've heard this is a very big problem in Canada, NOT.

Sorry, I forgot that everyone on this board lives in
Canada..............NOT!!
(you lose)

As I suspected, you can't even keep track of what you are discussing.
The person who brought up the topic of thermidistats was
from..........Canada. You are so lost in your arrognace you didn't even
bother to check the details before trying to slam someone.

Boy are you clueless..........

Yes, the gentleman that started off with the thermidistat conversation, was
in Canada.

Does that mean that the OP is in Canada too?
Does that mean that the operation of the thermidistat changes the way it
operates in different parts of the world??

Does that mean that most people reading this NG is mostly from Canada??

NO, NO, & NO!

Nice try.

--
kjpro