Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeff Guay

Default Water well question

Hi,
Our house has a 1/2 HP jet pump for water. According to the guy I bought
the house from the well is only 21 feet deep and the water table is at 11
feet. He installed a two line jet system because he did not want to worry
about a point plugging up.
Anyways he also installed an inground sprinkler system, which did not work
for me. The heads barely popped up and the pump sounded awful, chugging
really bad, even started sucking water from an upstairs toilet.
The pump and everything is in my basement. It appears he put the two pump
lines down into a 6 or 4 inch casing. My question is can I replace this
setup with a submersible pump? Or should I try putting in a larger jet
pump(3/4 or 1 HP) I talked to a local well driller who was drilling at a
new house next door, and he said he got tons of great water at 40 feet. I'm
sure he hit water sooner, he just went down to 40 to insure he'd have
enough.
Any suggestions would be great.
Jeff