Old August 30th 03, 01:03 PM
EJ

Default *applying* the bleach (30-feet up)

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Now, please tell us why you would want to bleach your house?

You oughta know, hack.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Combs" wrote in message
Question: how to *apply* the bleach, even 30-feet up?

(Ladder is impossible, at least for me, due to dangerous
20 or 30 degree slope of the ground, parallel to and up
against the side of the house -- ground-level at front
of house is 1st floor, at rear is whole floor lower,
at basement level.)

The other day I was at HD, and in the paint area they
had these telescoping poles, *hugely* long (and strongly
built, too), with male screw extending from the end,
that fits into eg paint rollers, etc.

I also got two super-thick (for super-rough surfaces)
paint rollers.

Plan is to "paint", via roller, the bleach onto the siding.

Comments? Alternative ways of applying the bleach?

Thanks!

David

I would be really concerned about safety. With your slope you have to get
close to the house and look up to paint. Even if you dilute your bleach way
down one drop will seriously burn your eye. Get safety goggles (not glasses)
not to let the droplets get between the glasses and your head. The expense
(not that big) and discomfort (much bigger ...) is well worth it. Eye bleach
burns heal poorly and seldom completely. Guess how I figured it out...

EJ

Old August 30th 03, 03:20 PM
mark Ransley

For a powerwasher why rent at 50 a day, buy an electric, you will find
alot of uses, mold comes back. Karcher is a good brand for around 200.
To bleach 30 ft up , hire someone bleach is slippery , get it on the
ladder and fall. Or use a garden sprayer. Shock is overkill with a
powerwasher, and to hard for siding or plants

Old August 30th 03, 11:52 PM
Stormin Mormon

One or both eyes? I hope not both!

Did you ever recover completely, and how long did it take? And how much
medical care? That sounds miserable! I'm sad to hear that you learned for
us.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

news:[email protected]

Old August 31st 03, 03:42 AM
CBHvac

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
It is possible to tell the true character of a man by how he treats others
around him.

It sure is. We asked you time and time again to remove that sig line in the
other group, as it offended many people that do no believe God lives on a
Planet...and dont have to wear temple garments...did you? No..you replied
with sarcastic and smartass answers...
Now, the more **** we give you, the more you try to fit in. I can at least
give you credit for growing nuts......unless...wait....no..nevermind..that
was the other bunch of Mormons that did that....

Look..you give bad advice...period.

You claim to be a HVAC pro, and you are so far from that its pathetic. The
trade is self policing, and you are guilty of a hack.

You claim to want to learn, but refuse to follow advice.

You claim that you have done some pretty damn amazing things with AC units,
yet, what you state is impossible at times.....

No Chris...I tried to like you..I posted 8k of stuff in the other group one
time to try to get you to listen and understand...you chose to reply with
some **** about how you regret that you wont see my posts
anymore...boo****inhoo.

You are a hack. Period. You hold no licence in your state of NY. I know its
not needed....but you COULD hold some other trade designation...but no..you
know a little about everything, and all about nothing. You refuse to listen
to those you want to call your peers...and then, when only ONE person in the
other group takes your side, you act like you belong.
You sir, are as bad as those you try to put down....if not worse. At least,
I have no problem telling you EXACTLY how I feel....nor would I have a
problem if we all got together and you showed up. I would tell you the same
thing, only it would be followed with show the old man to the door.

You are bad for the trade. Period.
I would rather be known as a jackass, but a fair jackass that knows his job,
than some softy that is dirt cheap, cant fix ****, and then cries that hes
going solo, but does not have a clue after 2 years as an installer
monkey...and is STILL looking for a job.

You want to know how to make money? LEARN WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING!!!!!

--

Offensive sig line snipped.

.
.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:53 AM
David Combs

Default mold on outdoor concrete-stairs: chlorox vs "shock"(???)

In article ,
RamblinOn wrote:

David Combs wrote:

mold on outdoor concrete-stairs: chlorox vs "shock"(???)

(plus aluminum siding, too)

Thanks for the suggestions for getting the mold off the
aluminum siding.

Just this afternoon, I finally got around to doing a
use-laundry-bleach test:

The Chlorox (100%) [as advised to me in
a respose to a prior post here, re mold and aluminum

What kind of nails are holding the siding to the house?

Don't know at this late hour; what types do you believe
*might* be used?

Let us know
when the heads rust off and the siding is flapping in the breeze )

Please do explain a bit -- looks like something I need to know...

Is the mold in shade of the house, or are there trees/shrubs that can be
trimmed to get more sunlight? Sometimes easier to prevent than to cure.

It's on the perpetually-shady side of the house -- I don't
think the sun *ever* hits it; and if it does, it would be
only in the early, early morning, at sun-up.

David

Old September 2nd 03, 05:57 AM
David Combs

In article ,
mark Ransley wrote:
For a powerwasher why rent at 50 a day, buy an electric, you will find
alot of uses, mold comes back. Karcher is a good brand for around 200.
To bleach 30 ft up , hire someone bleach is slippery , get it on the
ladder and fall. Or use a garden sprayer. Shock is overkill with a
powerwasher, and to hard for siding or plants

Before I consider buying one, I'd like to see if
others here agree or not.

eg, what do *you* (readers) do? Finally buy your own?

And, what are the around-the-house uses for the thing,
besides getting mold off siding?

Thanks!

David

PS: and do you agree that Karcher is the brand to
get, for "nonprofessional" use.

Oh -- electric: would that have enough power, psi,
etc, to do the job?

How *much* better is a gasoline-powered one?

What do *you* use?

Thanks!

Old September 2nd 03, 06:42 AM
CBHvac

mark Ransley wrote:
[...]

I use a 3500PSI 13HP Honda powered unit...and want
more...LOL...seriously...use it around the house...really....and there are
times, you just want more.
Dual wands...controls on the handle..Not just a squeeze trigger...
Lets say...after using it, I would NEVER consider an electric one....sold
that electric jobber about a year ago for $50...thats about all it was worth
compared to about any gasser on the market.

Thanks!