David Combs

Default mold on outdoor concrete-stairs: chlorox vs "shock"(???)

In article ,
RamblinOn wrote:

David Combs wrote:

mold on outdoor concrete-stairs: chlorox vs "shock"(???)

(plus aluminum siding, too)

Thanks for the suggestions for getting the mold off the
aluminum siding.

Just this afternoon, I finally got around to doing a
use-laundry-bleach test:

The Chlorox (100%) [as advised to me in
a respose to a prior post here, re mold and aluminum

What kind of nails are holding the siding to the house?

Don't know at this late hour; what types do you believe
*might* be used?

Let us know
when the heads rust off and the siding is flapping in the breeze )

Please do explain a bit -- looks like something I need to know...

Is the mold in shade of the house, or are there trees/shrubs that can be
trimmed to get more sunlight? Sometimes easier to prevent than to cure.

It's on the perpetually-shady side of the house -- I don't
think the sun *ever* hits it; and if it does, it would be
only in the early, early morning, at sun-up.

David