Shirley Thebaglady

Default Disappointed

I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

MF

Shirley,

Most people are legit, and you can get some very sound advice here.
Unfortunately there are a few that do not like to be questioned or argued
with on their opinions, and you just have to either ignore them, or read
their posts for fun and try and determine just how many drinks they have
had. You can learn a lot by reading posts that are interesting to you, even
if you are not asking a particular question.

Good luck,

Maury

"Shirley Thebaglady" wrote in message
I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

Louis McEniry

Default Disappointed > In defence of this group

I think this is one of the best groups I have ever found. I have received
excellent advice (and in many cases thorough explanations, education,
references etc.) on just about everything I have done in my home for the
last few years. I look at what I have been able to do at my house with the
help I have received from the very good people on this group, I am thrilled
and grateful.

I make it a point to ignore and never participate in the silliness even on
the rare occasion it has been directed at me. Its a small price to pay for
the overwhelmingly good help and people found on this group. Like any pest
cut off their food source and they will go elsewhere.

"Shirley Thebaglady" wrote in message
I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

indago

030624 0710 - Shirley Thebaglady wrote:

I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

Well, there are jokers everywhere. A good sense of humor is a good thing.
It has been shown that a good laugh relieves tension, and makes the body
system less stressful, and therefore possibly adding several years to life.
You will find a lot of useful information here, but you will also have to
learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. The professional,
sometimes, has a hard time keeping a straight face when encountering some of
the things presented here. Nonetheless, more often than not, the problem
gets solved and the presenter gets the job done.

AHOLE in Charge

I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

Pray for that Day
When Arty passes away.

You're in my prayers EVERY night
Arty Boy, you little AHOLE.

Jim Mc Namara

Don't let it bother you, Shirley. Like Maury said - there are a lot of
knowledgeable folks here that are willing to share their skills, crafts, and
trades with you. There are a few who just guess from a hit or miss
situation of their own, and of course there are those who are out of school
for the summer and try to confuse the issue(s) even further.
Unfortunately - you'll have to use your wits to seek out the good stuff (at
least until the kids either go back to school, on vacation with mom and dad,
or to juvenile court.) LOL!

Jim

"Shirley Thebaglady" wrote in message
I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

Samual Robinson

"Jim Mc Namara"

at
least until the kids either go back to school, on vacation with mom and dad,
or to juvenile court.)

You left out the BIGGEST, LOUDEST, MOST ARROGANT, SELF CENTERED...etc, etc

Arthur is BY FAR the BIGGEST problem with this
newsgroup. Every ng has its spammers, trolls and complainers about anything
that suits them at the moment.

Old Arthur Boy is this newsgroups curse.

gg

stop fooling around, I'm going to tell!!
this person should worry about fixing her social skills and then worry about
doing home repairs ,anyone who would cry like that,has a bigger problem than
needing a little repair advise. and she's disappointed in the group,that
sucks I think I remember this group being formed just to make her happy.
GO FIND SOMEPLACE TO CRY ,WE DONT WANT TO HEAR YOU !!

"Jim Mc Namara" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

"Shirley Thebaglady" wrote in message
I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

Since you use the name "Thebaglady" I assume you live in a modest home, such
as a cardboard box. There are many qualified people here that can give the
information you need. Such as: cutting windows, waterproofing with motor
oil, insulating with newspapers, and most important, when to get a new box.

Hope we can be of help.

mark Ransley

i think we need more jokers here, remember trust no1, or trust us all,
i do , forget the americam express card, Humor dont leave home
without it......Now what kind of oil do you recomend to waterproof my
box , gota go my ducts are calling for bread

McQualude

Shirley Thebaglady spaketh...

I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and
do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not
posted but do need help sometimes.

I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.

You should ask for your money back.
--
McQualude
gg

cant tell you what oil to use, till we know the temp. in your area. single
wght. works best on roofs 80 gear oil,should be builtup. durung summer
monthes around windows and doors a multi 10-30 . if you want too or can only
use one oil try 20-50 all around .the oil used should have less than 8000
miles on it ,this is to cut down on gas fumes from rich engines. fire safety
isnt a real problem and doesnt need to be addressed when waterproofing your
box. every time the teenages in my area burn my box down while I'm sleeping
in it .the gas only helps to couse a flash fire and burns its self out
before any really bad harm is done to me.
"mark Ransley" wrote in message
i think we need more jokers here, remember trust no1, or trust us all,
i do , forget the americam express card, Humor dont leave home
without it......Now what kind of oil do you recomend to waterproof my
box , gota go my ducts are calling for bread

mark Ransley

shirley is right i am a joker ,but im not, Shirley,
the troll patrol can be unfunny it depends on his mood

Mr Teriffic

Default Disappointed in webtv's assinine postings by mark Ransley "webtv****stain"

mark Ransley wrote:

i think we need more jokers here, remember trust no1, or trust us all,
i do , forget the americam express card, Humor dont leave home
without it......Now what kind of oil do you recomend to waterproof my
box , gota go my ducts are calling for bread

Jokers yes. Webtv bird brains like you you stupid ****, no. Get lost
you ignorant ****.
mark Ransley

you loser clone troll

mark Ransley

looser phoney

John Barry

"gg" wrote in message ...
after you teach shirley how to understand people and a little joking ,then
you can move on to teaching her how to feed herself. please if you cant see
her for what she is, reread her post . just another person sho feels the
world and this little group should revolve around her.never been able to
help herself so ,the world owes her.I deal with these pain in the ***'* all
the time at work.

Yeah. She never heard the one about "You gotta prime the pump ..."
(You wanna get, you gotta give.) Don't recollect Shirley paying any
dues, so to speak.

John
mark Rainsley

Why? for What? Now who in the hell are you talking at, you stupid
****? Will you ever use any usenet accepted protocol, or will you
always be just a webtv **** stain?
mark Rainsley