Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sued by the IRS?

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 10:54:36 AM UTC-4, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I believe that as of today 16,436,789 people hsve (sic) been notified.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2016 7:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

They must really be incompetent, because I have been notified about 20
times this year. They must keep getting the court paperwork screwed up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 07:54:33 -0700, Eagle wrote:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I just tell them "come and get me copper" and hang up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle wrote:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

It takes a certain kind of government dependent moron
to even answer those calls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

The IRS thought they were going to have an easy time with me, but were WRONG.

I have 20+ years of all expenses on spreadsheets, itemized by date, time, detailed description, with headings for every utility, type of expense, gasoline, insurance, grocery, lottery, gardening, alcohol, hotel, entertainment, everything. Each months receipts are kept in large manilla envelope with month name and year on it. Large purchases are listed on outside of envelope for quick finding, if need be.

Gave spreadsheets to tax attorney and assured her have all receipts. IRS asked a few questions about credit card payments, which I had on the monthly spreadsheets. They decided they didn't want me after all.

Spreadsheets show itemized what I bought with cash, check, credit card, debit card. List bank balance with each check and debit card purchase, even with multiple bank accounts.

IRS slinked off like vampire avoiding sunlight. Tax attorney said they started out wanting me bad, but it turned out to be the shortest case she's ever handled.

They just can't stand it when you're prepared. They went off to find some other victim to destroy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2016 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I've gotten three notifications so far. I just forward them to Rachel
at Card Services. I've won a couple of cruises too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I guess you're talking about that scam phone call crap going around, I haven't been hassled by that yet.

The real IRS thought they were going to mess me around but were WRONG.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:33:15 AM UTC-4, net cop wrote:
Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

How do we know it's a scam? The OP didn't tell us which IRS has
notified him of the impending lawsuit.

Investor Relations Society
Information Referral Services
Institute of Regional Studies
International Rhinologic Society
Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale

Hundreds more can be found he

https://www.allacronyms.com/IRS

We need more info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:33:11 -0400
Dan Espen wrote:

You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a
transparent scam.

Why?

Sometimes you must cull the herd.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/16 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

None so far, now if I can just convince the sheriff that I didn't miss
jury duty.

Kurt
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:

You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a
transparent scam.

Why?

Sometimes you must cull the herd.

they don't get culled, they just end up "needing" more "help"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

How do we know it's a scam? The OP didn't tell us which IRS has
notified him of the impending lawsuit.
Investor Relations Society
Information Referral Services
Institute of Regional Studies
International Rhinologic Society
Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
Hundreds more can be found he
https://www.allacronyms.com/IRS
We need more info

If they notified you by phone, it's a scam. If it's real, they will start with a letter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

How do we know it's a scam? The OP didn't tell us which IRS has
notified him of the impending lawsuit.
Investor Relations Society
Information Referral Services
Institute of Regional Studies
International Rhinologic Society
Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
Hundreds more can be found he
https://www.allacronyms.com/IRS
We need more info

If they notified you by phone, it's a scam. If it's real, they will start with a letter.

Did you actually think I was serious?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

How do we know it's a scam? The OP didn't tell us which IRS has
notified him of the impending lawsuit.

Investor Relations Society
Information Referral Services
Institute of Regional Studies
International Rhinologic Society
Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale

Hundreds more can be found he

https://www.allacronyms.com/IRS

We need more info.

Off and on someone leaves an answering machine message akin to this:

"We're calling about a matter that involves your information and SS#.
We're not sure if you've gotten the correspondance that we've mailed to
you, yet, but this is a very important issue that you need to call us
back at ##########..."

I respond with D E L E T E.
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

How do we know it's a scam? The OP didn't tell us which IRS has
notified him of the impending lawsuit.
Investor Relations Society
Information Referral Services
Institute of Regional Studies
International Rhinologic Society
Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
Hundreds more can be found he
https://www.allacronyms.com/IRS
We need more info

If they notified you by phone, it's a scam. If it's real, they will start with a letter.

Did you actually think I was serious?

sounds like he did the wise thing and didn't even read your post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/16 11:36 AM, cowabunga dude wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Unless you're running a business, why would the IRS be interested in any
of that...and especially anything over three years past date due or files?

--
With all this €œgun control€ talk, I havent heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists€” just from law
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/20/2016 09:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I've gotten 3 (almost the only junk calls that leave a message). They
always start with "This is officer." No name, not even a mumble. Also,
they don't say WHO is being sued.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Marge, have you ever actually sat down and read this thing?
Technically, we're not even allowed to go to the bathroom." [Priest on
"The Simpson's"]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:

You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a
transparent scam.

Why?

Sometimes you must cull the herd.

they don't get culled, they just end up "needing" more "help"

yea, I suppose that is true...but they should be culled.
You can never find a Wraith when you need one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes I get those calls by weekly!!!

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 9:54:36 AM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:

How many have been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

Yesterday was the first time I've received one of these calls.
Thank goodness ProCaller Block.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:07:36 AM UTC-5, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
On 7/20/16 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

None so far, now if I can just convince the sheriff that I didn't miss
jury duty.

Kurt

I don't get jury duty notices anymore. It must have been 10 years ago when I called the county clerk's office and told the woman who answered the phone that I had been screwed by the legal system in the county and that if I were forced to serve jury duty, I would always vote "Not Guilty" no matter what. I haven't received another notice since then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Judgemental Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

How do we know it's a scam? The OP didn't tell us which IRS has
notified him of the impending lawsuit.
Investor Relations Society
Information Referral Services
Institute of Regional Studies
International Rhinologic Society
Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
Hundreds more can be found he
https://www.allacronyms.com/IRS
We need more info

If they notified you by phone, it's a scam. If it's real, they will start with a letter.

I have fun with them. I answer the phone as a crazed Chinnaman and scream at them that I will blow up their house and kill their family. They don't call back. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Crazy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2016 11:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/20/2016 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I've gotten three notifications so far. I just forward them to Rachel at Card Services. I've won a couple of cruises too.

Hopefully Rachel and friends will be doing some time at Club Fed.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...on-in-refunds/

Actually the government should execute the assholes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
Eagle writes:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and
on the phone yet?

I use nomorobo. None have gotten through.
You have to feel sorry for people that would fall for such a transparent scam.

I wish I could buy a phone system where the first ring was silenced. That way,
nomorobo would be perfect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/16 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

None so far, now if I can just convince the sheriff that I didn't miss
jury duty.

Kurt

I don't get jury duty notices anymore. It must have been 10 years ago when I called the county clerk's office and told the woman who answered the phone that I had been screwed by the legal system in the county and that if I were forced to serve jury duty, I would always vote "Not Guilty" no matter what. I haven't received another notice since then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Judgemental Monster

Haven't received jury duty notices since I turned 75, 10 years ago. One of the
advantages of being "elderly" :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 07:54:33 -0700, Eagle wrote:

How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

Even in Canada, which does not HAVE an IRS
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 08:03:24 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 10:54:36 AM UTC-4, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

I believe that as of today 16,436,789 people hsve (sic) been notified.

And told to pay with Apple I-Tunes cards, of all the stupid and
unbelievable things!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle writes:

[...]

They are all pre-recorded messages so far up here, with a call-back
number.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 9:39:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:

They are all pre-recorded messages so far up here, with a call-back
number.

The call I received yesterday was a pre-recorded message wanting
ME to call them back. Nope, ain't gonna happen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

If I waited until three years before they called to do spreadsheets and keep all receipts it would save a lot of trouble.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/20/2016 10:10 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:

I wish I could buy a phone system where the first ring was silenced. That way,
nomorobo would be perfect.

You can. Nomorobo is built in to Ooma so there is no "first ring"
distraction.

FWIW, Ooma.com is Consumer Reports highest rated VoIP provider.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/20/2016 09:10 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:

[snip]

I wish I could buy a phone system where the first ring was silenced. That way,
nomorobo would be perfect.

My new cordless phone (Panasonic KX-TGE275) has an option to silence the
first ring.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"God is, as it were, the sewer into which all contradictions flow"
[G.W.F. Hegel,Lectures on the History of Philosophy]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/16 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?
None so far, now if I can just convince the sheriff that I didn't miss
jury duty.

Kurt

I don't get jury duty notices anymore. It must have been 10 years ago when I called the county clerk's office and told the woman who answered the phone that I had been screwed by the legal system in the county and that if I were forced to serve jury duty, I would always vote "Not Guilty" no matter what. I haven't received another notice since then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Judgemental Monster

Haven't received jury duty notices since I turned 75, 10 years ago. One of the
advantages of being "elderly" :-)

You're not old! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Young Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/16 10:54 AM, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?
None so far, now if I can just convince the sheriff that I didn't miss
jury duty.

Kurt

I don't get jury duty notices anymore. It must have been 10 years ago when I called the county clerk's office and told the woman who answered the phone that I had been screwed by the legal system in the county and that if I were forced to serve jury duty, I would always vote "Not Guilty" no matter what. I haven't received another notice since then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Judgemental Monster

Haven't received jury duty notices since I turned 75, 10 years ago. One of the
advantages of being "elderly" :-)

Around 15 years ago when I got a jury summons, there were so many people there the judge, DA, and some others were complaining about how so many people were there and how they expected most people to ignore the summons and there wouldn't be any reprisal, they weren't going to arrest people, so after that I just stay home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pierre Piquant wrote:
On 07/20/2016 10:10 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:

I wish I could buy a phone system where the first ring was silenced. That way,
nomorobo would be perfect.

You can. Nomorobo is built in to Ooma so there is no "first ring" distraction.

FWIW, Ooma.com is Consumer Reports highest rated VoIP provider.

I have Digital Voice from Verizon FiOS so I don't think Ooma would work for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 7:54:36 AM UTC-7, Eagle wrote:
How msny hsve been put on notice they are being sued by the IRS, and on
the phone yet?

Do multipletimes count? 3 times in one day ever!