Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AT&T cell service or cricket wireless

Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 6:55 PM, Lee dorman wrote:
Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have
AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/03/cricket-...onwide-outage/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 8:03 PM, Skid Marks wrote:
On 6/3/2016 6:55 PM, Lee dorman wrote:
Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day.
The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone
have
AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/03/cricket-...onwide-outage/

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been fine.

at&t OWNS CRICKET

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 3:55 PM, Lee dorman wrote:
Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The
800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have
AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?

Why not grow up and get something meaningful to worry about, you
pathetic loser.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2016 8:17 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been fine.

at&t OWNS CRICKET

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good
for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other
outfits for that reason.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 5:55:18 PM UTC-5, Lee dorman wrote:
Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?

I've had a TracFone for years and it's always worked. I saw the ads for Cricket Wireless and thought the service was too good to be true. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Phone Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cell service, mine is better than yours...

On 6/4/2016 9:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/4/2016 8:17 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been fine.

at&t OWNS CRICKET

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other outfits
for that reason.

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is clearly the best.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 9:36:23 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 5:55:18 PM UTC-5, Lee dorman wrote:
Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?

I've had a TracFone for years and it's always worked. I saw the ads for Cricket Wireless and thought the service was too good to be true. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Phone Monster

around here verizon is getting worse. like poor service in tunnels where it used to work fine...

just try calling verizon for customer help. calls have been outsourced to other countries. verizon makes it very hard to speak to a human. recently i called, call went to a foreign country couldnt hear the rep, he must of been in a big room with 500 people all talking, mostly foreign languages.

i kept verizon because they had humans at the 411 directory assistance number. some months ago they largely automated it making it nearly useless. i didnt mind paying the 3 bucks a call to directory assistance, when it worked

now it sucks, is worthless.

i stopped and complained at a verizon store. the manager says veerizon has no control since 411 is contracted out.

manager futher stated i shhould call my congress rep to complain. none of which made any sense..

do any cell phone providers have human 411 service?

i dont have and dont really want a smart phone......

and am shopping for a new cell phone provider. verizon is terrible
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 9:51:43 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
[...]

What the hell is wrong with these big corporations these days? It's like they've forgotten what good customer service is. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Frustrated Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 11:12:45 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

they are never satisfied with any profit margin, all they care about is bigger profits
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:43:19 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
[...]

I just tried to talk to someone at UPS customer service and the automated attendant told me there was a 19 minute hold before I could reach a CSR. o_O

[8~{} Uncle ****ed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2016 08:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good
for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other
outfits for that reason.

My first cell phone was with AT&T, and I discovered that I live in one
of those dead spots. "Very few" doesn't matter in that case.

BTW, It seems strange that I could go to my farm 5 miles from town, and
that AT&T phone would get 5 bars in the middle of the woods, and none at
home in town.

Verizon and Sprint work fine. I've never used T-mobile.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2016 09:28 AM, Skid Marks wrote:

[snip]

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is
clearly the best.

Verizon is best here too. I discovered that just after a hurricane
(Ike?) when a lot of people were complaining about their cell phones not
working. What worked was Alltel (now part of Verizon).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2016 09:51 AM, bob haller wrote:

[snip]

around here verizon is getting worse. like poor service in tunnels where it used to work fine...

Is there a network that's getting better?

just try calling verizon for customer help. calls have been outsourced to other countries. verizon makes it very hard to speak to a human. recently i called, call went to a foreign country
couldnt hear the rep, he must of been in a big room with 500 people all talking, mostly foreign languages.

I usually go to a Verizon store.

I've also had bad experiences with customer help from another V* company
(Sprint reseller).

[snip]

and am shopping for a new cell phone provider. verizon is terrible

The quality of customer service doesn't matter if you don't have service
where you are. All the companies have coverage maps online (although
they may not be that accurate). There's usually separate maps for voice
and data.

Here, Sprint works (and when I called their customer service, I got
someone who sounded American, and I could talk to easily).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2016 10:28 AM, Skid Marks wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has
been fine.
at&t OWNS CRICKET

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good
for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other outfits
for that reason.

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is
clearly the best.

I do believe that Verizon has the best cellular service overall, but it
is expensive, and something that is "good enough" probably is a better
deal. E.g., after having a T-Mobile postpaid family plan for ten years
or more, we each switched to a $30/mo. prepaid plan with T-Mobile (100
min./mo., unlimited texts and data, but data slows down after 5GB); this
was mostly OK, but I did notice that on a train trip across North Dakota
we had no signal for much of the journey (not that it mattered). We have
recently signed up for Google's Project Fi: $20/mo. with unlimited
calling and texts, and $10/mo. per GB of 4G data, and with credits for
unused data allowance; at our present rate we'll have used considerably
less than half of that 1GB this month, so we are expecting credits to
next month's bills. Under this plan T-Mobile and Sprint are the primary
carriers, but there is free roaming to other carriers when neither T-Mo
nor Sprint has an acceptable signal; calls can even be made
(automatically) via WiFi when no acceptable cellular signal is available.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:28:20 +0100, Skid Marks wrote:

On 6/4/2016 9:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/4/2016 8:17 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been fine.
at&t OWNS CRICKET

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other outfits
for that reason.

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is clearly the best.

Why the **** don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is always near a transmitter?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message news
On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:28:20 +0100, Skid Marks wrote:

On 6/4/2016 9:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/4/2016 8:17 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been
fine.
at&t OWNS CRICKET

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good for
service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other outfits
for that reason.

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is
clearly the best.

Why the **** don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is always
near a transmitter?

All companies do not use same Frequency and band width.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2016 12:23 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:21:07 +0100, Tony944 wrote:

Why the **** don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is
always
near a transmitter?

All companies do not use same Frequency and band width.

Why not?

Remember Beta vs VHS? 8 track vs cassette? Ford used positive ground
instead of negative? Edison vs. Tesla? What side of the car should the
steering wheel be?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:50:14 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/5/2016 12:23 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:21:07 +0100, Tony944 wrote:

Why the **** don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is
always
near a transmitter?

All companies do not use same Frequency and band width.

Why not?

Remember Beta vs VHS? 8 track vs cassette? Ford used positive ground
instead of negative? Edison vs. Tesla? What side of the car should the
steering wheel be?

But different networks are not different. They're just not usable by your phone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/05/2016 11:21 AM, Tony944 wrote:

[snip]

Why the **** don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is
always near a transmitter?

All companies do not use same Frequency and band width.

We may be headed toward a standard with 4G LTE. There's supposed to be a
way to use it for voice calls.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"God is dead and no one cares" - Trent Reznor
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/16 11:43 AM, bob haller wrote:
[...]

Well of course they are silly boy- that's the purpose of a business
after all.

The problem is so many big companies don't understand that the short
term savings coming from tedious automated inbound call menus, long
waits for an overseas foreign-accented CSR, and an poor overall caller
experience are more than offset by the customer bad will generated and
lost business.

--
The plumbing you have dictates the plumbing you use.
- @Talkmaster
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

[...]

The real answer: FCC to promote competition your gov't inaction

--
Tekkie

Long range wireless internet service [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 9th 10 11:44 PM
Testing Nicad/nicd or NiMH cell ESR or SLA Gel Cell Battery Internal Resistance Wild_Bill Electronics Repair 24 January 19th 10 12:41 AM
chimney cricket dgarrison Home Repair 1 November 20th 06 03:53 PM
Help! Cave cricket invasion! techie guy Home Repair 5 October 11th 06 02:00 PM
Needed: Sencore Super Cricket Service Manual Dean Batute Electronics Repair 1 September 19th 03 12:47 AM