Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default cell service, mine is better than yours...

On 06/04/2016 10:28 AM, Skid Marks wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has
been fine.
at&t OWNS CRICKET

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!

I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good
for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other outfits
for that reason.

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is
clearly the best.

I do believe that Verizon has the best cellular service overall, but it
is expensive, and something that is "good enough" probably is a better
deal. E.g., after having a T-Mobile postpaid family plan for ten years
or more, we each switched to a $30/mo. prepaid plan with T-Mobile (100
min./mo., unlimited texts and data, but data slows down after 5GB); this
was mostly OK, but I did notice that on a train trip across North Dakota
we had no signal for much of the journey (not that it mattered). We have
recently signed up for Google's Project Fi: $20/mo. with unlimited
calling and texts, and $10/mo. per GB of 4G data, and with credits for
unused data allowance; at our present rate we'll have used considerably
less than half of that 1GB this month, so we are expecting credits to
next month's bills. Under this plan T-Mobile and Sprint are the primary
carriers, but there is free roaming to other carriers when neither T-Mo
nor Sprint has an acceptable signal; calls can even be made
(automatically) via WiFi when no acceptable cellular signal is available.

Perce