Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy 3x5 pads

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 7:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Are you talking about Playtex Napkins?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 10:08:36 AM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Did you try putting "buy 3 x 5 notepad" into google?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 07:40:44 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 10:08:36 AM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Did you try putting "buy 3 x 5 notepad" into google?

I use 3x5 cards. They are pretty easy to find but if you are ordering
other office supplies online they are dirt cheap.
They seem to hold up a lot better if you shove them in your pocket.
When I get bored I pick up a few cards and do the things I (or my
wife) have written down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 10:08:16 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple

Do you mean 3x5 *cards* that people make notes on to use when giving a
speech or at a debate?

Staples calls them 3x5 index cards.
http://www.staples.com/3x5+index+car...x5+index+cards
They have 500 at the top of the page but it gets less.

But maybe you don't because you use the word pads.

At Staples I searched for 3x5 note pads and there were many but none
were 3x5. I searched for 3x5 paper pads and only one out of dozens
was 3x5 but maybe that's enough for you:
http://www.staples.com/Ampad-Mini-No...product_420578
It's taller than it is wide. I had in mind wider than tall, but maybe
you didn't. Free shipping to store.

of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 7:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

We had a similar experience, recently. I keep a spiral
bound "log book" in each car to record fuel purchases,
fuel efficiency, repairs, etc. (so, I have an idea if
something "may not be right" with the vehicle before it
becomes a "real problem")

Often, I want/need a scrap of paper to write a note.
Ripping them from the log book suffices. But, means the
log book *loses* a sheet of paper, permanently!

I was just looking for an old fashioned pad with the
"glue" binding that makes it convenient to rip off
(without TEARING!) the individual sheets.

"Surely, they must sell these for 25c/each!"

The regular stores (department and grocery) all had spiral
bound varieties but nothing like this.

I will have to try one of the dollar stores to see if they
still carry them -- or if the world has "moved on" to
better bindings...

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mayayana" wrote in news:nis310$935$1@dont-
email.me:

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Me too!

I still have a few that I've been trying to conserve. 3 x 5 spiral pads
are the closest I can find. OK, but...

They used to be available everywhere - WalMart, Staples, dollar stores,
etc. but no more. I wonder why they evidently quit making tham.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 9:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

One of the few things I miss about work since I retired... having to
buy my own home office supplies now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

I attended a Square Dance convention, and the publisher of a Square
Dance magazine ("Bow & Swing") was giving away 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" note pads
with their logo as advertisement.

It seems that their main business was as a print shop, and publishing
the magazine was a sideline to support their hobby. Perhaps you can
find what you want at a local print shop.

You might also search for "sticky notes", although you will find more

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-06-03 10:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

I used to work for a printing company, we mainly did continuous and
laser cut sheets, but would do padding if a client wanted it. The
problem for you going that route, there may be way more pads than you
can use in your lifetime in a minimum order.

--
Froz....

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y writes:

I was just looking for an old fashioned pad with the
"glue" binding that makes it convenient to rip off
(without TEARING!) the individual sheets.

Pretty much every print shop in the country should be able
to make these for you. Our in-house print shop made them
in the 90's before all that stuff was farmed out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 11:50 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Don Y writes:

I was just looking for an old fashioned pad with the
"glue" binding that makes it convenient to rip off
(without TEARING!) the individual sheets.

Pretty much every print shop in the country should be able
to make these for you. Our in-house print shop made them
in the 90's before all that stuff was farmed out.

Oh, I'm sure I can *get* them! I was just surprised to NOT
find them EVERYWHERE! Used to be able to buy this stuff at
KMart, Target, local drug store (before they were "chains"),
etc.

It's been so long that I've used a *pad* that I'd not been in
the market to realize how it had changed!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, everyone, but I'm not looking
for cards and I don't want to order from
a print shop. I just want to find a sotre
that sells basic supplies, if any
still exists. These things are typically
about $2 for 4 pads. As DonY said, just
simple white paper with glue binding.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 10:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

You can waste $20 worth of gasoline driving around looking or:

http://smile.amazon.com/Ampad-20-208.../dp/B0017DCQCE

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 10:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

My Dad used to buy from
http://www.quill.com/search?keywords...x=22&y=17&scf=
He had a couple dozen pads as you describe.
They got shot out when my sister cleaned
the house earlier this year. I am sorry.
Sorry for me, too, I might have used them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 09:08:16 -0500, Mayayana
wrote:

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Amazon and Ebay but I get the buy at home for
something like that. The local grocery store?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:08:36 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ing-Memo-Book/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:08:36 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper,
but I'd settle for notepads.)

Take a ream of paper to your local copy shop and have them pad it and cut into whatever size you need.

At the office, instead of putting paper in the recycle bin, we keep the sheets that are printed on one side for pads. Easy way is to jog a stack so that the sides are flush, put a couple of bricks on top near one edge, and paint the edge with white glue. Then when it's dry, separate it into pads. If you want it cut down, the copy shop can do that for you cheap.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.legal

On 6/3/2016 1:09 PM, Mayayana wrote:
Thanks, everyone, but I'm not looking
for cards and I don't want to order from
a print shop. I just want to find a sotre
that sells basic supplies, if any
still exists. These things are typically
about $2 for 4 pads. As DonY said, just
simple white paper with glue binding.

How about yer pussy? Need some napkins for that hairy thing?
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

| Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ing-Memo-Book/

They do have several 3x5 pad options.
Maybe I'll check a local Office Depot. They're
scarce around here, but they do exist. Oddly,
there seems to ba a Staples on every corner
but I always find OD to have better prices and
better selection.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/16 2:00 PM, Don Y wrote:
We had a similar experience, recently.

For years, I kept notes in a small looseleaf "memo book"
about 4 1/2"x 7".
If you needed more paper, they had pre-punched refills to go
in them.

Then, about 10 years ago, these things disappeared from the
market.
No more refill paper available, either.

I guess there's no buyers for them any longer. Folks are
using digital devices for note-taking and info-storing these
days.

I still have mine sitting next to me.
Even was "Made in USA" !!
Posted to alt.home.repair

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

Not sure where you're looking but they're still commonly available:

http://tinyurl.com/hf3xbc9

http://www.amazon.com/TOPS-Memo-5-In.../dp/B00008XPER

http://tinyurl.com/zsu46lo

Do a Google search for "3x5 note pad" or "3x5 scratch pads".

Heck, I've even seen small packs at the local grocery stores.

I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper

Are these what you're looking for?

http://tinyurl.com/zprt9up

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y writes:

I was just looking for an old fashioned pad with the
"glue" binding that makes it convenient to rip off
(without TEARING!) the individual sheets.

Pretty much every print shop in the country should be able
to make these for you. Our in-house print shop made them
in the 90's before all that stuff was farmed out.

Oh, I'm sure I can *get* them! I was just surprised to NOT
find them EVERYWHERE! Used to be able to buy this stuff at
KMart, Target, local drug store (before they were "chains"),
etc.

It's been so long that I've used a *pad* that I'd not been in
the market to realize how it had changed!

Have you seen a Samsung "note" phone?
Kids today do not use paper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 18:44:58 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

[...]

You used to be able to buy bottles of padding cement. I had a pad of
$2 bills I carried in a check book for tips. Just peel them off.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.legal

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 18:45:30 -0700, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/3/2016 1:09 PM, Mayayana wrote:
Thanks, everyone, but I'm not looking
for cards and I don't want to order from a print shop. I just want to
find a sotre that sells basic supplies, if any still exists. These
things are typically about $2 for 4 pads. As DonY said, just simple
white paper with glue binding.

How about yer pussy? Need some napkins for that hairy thing?
LOL

Have you got hairs on yours already ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 00:28:31 -0400, John Albert
wrote:

On 6/3/16 2:00 PM, Don Y wrote:
We had a similar experience, recently.

For years, I kept notes in a small looseleaf "memo book"
about 4 1/2"x 7".
If you needed more paper, they had pre-punched refills to go
in them.

Then, about 10 years ago, these things disappeared from the
market.
No more refill paper available, either.

I guess there's no buyers for them any longer. Folks are
using digital devices for note-taking and info-storing these
days.

I still have mine sitting next to me.
Even was "Made in USA" !!

My PDA is an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. When you make the font really
small, you can put 150 or 200 lines on the two sides, with everyone I
would ever call and a lot of other important info too.

When it changes substantially, I print another copy. I put the old
ones by my bed and kitchen phones. At my desk I use the computer,
because I'm a very modern guy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 9:28 PM, John Albert wrote:
On 6/3/16 2:00 PM, Don Y wrote:
We had a similar experience, recently.

For years, I kept notes in a small looseleaf "memo book" about 4 1/2"x 7".
If you needed more paper, they had pre-punched refills to go in them.

Then, about 10 years ago, these things disappeared from the market.
No more refill paper available, either.

I guess there's no buyers for them any longer. Folks are using digital devices
for note-taking and info-storing these days.

I think it's just that the "mainstream outlets" don't see the demand.

You can still buy Cross pen/pencil sets. And, refills for them.
Yet, I doubt ink and graphite work on "digital devices"! :

I still have mine sitting next to me.
Even was "Made in USA" !!

I used to keep my address book with one entry per "short page"
(like the size of a business card) in a multi-ring notebook.

Then, moved it to a PDA ~20 years ago. And, naturally, backed up on a PC.
Then, got tired of carrying the PDA and keeping it charged.

Eventually, realized it was a hassle to have to boot a PC just to
check on an address or phone number.

So, moved everything back to paper. The advantages of an electronic
device aren't significant: rapid search (really? how hard is it
to flip to the M's to find "Martin"?), ease of changes (how often
do folks move? change phone numbers? birthdates? spouses?), etc.

Address "book" now takes up a bit more physical space than
the PDA (though when you add in the charger and USB harness,
it starts to be a wash) but it *always* works! :
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 14:40:14 -0400, Fred McKenzie
wrote:

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

[...]

One or two charities send me pads in the mail about once a year.
That's as much as I use.

They're good but if I try to take notes on page 3, say, it's likely to
come out of the pad. So I have a stack of loose pages I've only
written one line on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 22:28:02 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ing-Memo-Book/

They do have several 3x5 pad options.
Maybe I'll check a local Office Depot. They're
scarce around here, but they do exist. Oddly,
there seems to ba a Staples on every corner
but I always find OD to have better prices and
better selection.

http://www.staples.com/Ampad-Mini-No...product_420578
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 9:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:
A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple
3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple
of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore.
Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have
things like overpriced appointment books and
sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic
products that don't provide a high profit margin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Sc...AOSwNSxU06f 9

Group purchase?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Scratch...AOSweuxWS9~ z

Not quite as many.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Scratch-P...AOSwpDdVCZ4 1

Buck a pad is a bit steep, but what you gonna do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Scratch-P...gAAOSwZ1lWevq0

Half a buck each, a bit better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1200-SHEET-1...AOSwgQ9ViHx 8

Post it note format.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

| For years, I kept notes in a small looseleaf "memo book"
| about 4 1/2"x 7".
| If you needed more paper, they had pre-punched refills to go
| in them.
|
| Then, about 10 years ago, these things disappeared from the
| market.
| No more refill paper available, either.

That's what I use for work, with the 6-hole paper.
I do estimates in it, make lists of materials to buy,
keep phone numbers, etc. I have an extra notebook,
just in case. But like you, I haven't been able to find
new ones, or the paper for them. I have to make the
paper with regular notebook paper and a hole punch.

| I guess there's no buyers for them any longer. Folks are
| using digital devices for note-taking and info-storing these
| days.

I suspect it has more to do with computer programs
that calculate profit margins. The same reason I can buy
a tile saw at Home Depot but then can't buy a replacement
blade a few years later. They try to only stock what makes
big money.

If people were really using digital options then
Staples wouldn't have an entire aisle of overpriced,
"fashion accessory" appointment books, or 1/3
of an aisle just for different colors and sizes of
expensive sticky notes. (I wonder about the recyclability
of sticky notes. I rarely want something sticky and
I rarely want such a small piece of paper. So why
pay more for glue that I just have to fold over in
order to make my errand list, and which may impede
recycling?)

Awhile back I was doing a job for a couple in their 90s.
They were surprised when I pulled out 2 copies of
my receipt paper and a piece of carbon paper. Even
they hadn't seen carbon paper for years. I bought a
single pack, probably 2 decades ago, and I'm still using
it. The stuff lasts for a long time! These days I often email
receipts as PDFs, but I also sometimes write them out
with carbon paper.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.legal

On 6/4/2016 12:01 AM, funnilingus wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 18:45:30 -0700, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/3/2016 1:09 PM, Mayayana wrote:
Thanks, everyone, but I'm not looking
for cards and I don't want to order from a print shop. I just want to
find a sotre that sells basic supplies, if any still exists. These
things are typically about $2 for 4 pads. As DonY said, just simple
white paper with glue binding.

How about yer pussy? Need some napkins for that hairy thing?
LOL

Have you got hairs on yours already ?

Why wood a fag like you care?
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 6/3/2016 10:08 PM, HerHusband wrote:

I'd also love to find a girl with 6-hole notebook paper

How about a girl with 6 holes instead?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

I'd also love to find a girl with 6-hole notebook paper

How about a girl with 6 holes instead?

Most any girl would qualify: vagina, anus, mouth, left ear, right ear, left
nostril, right nostril.

Otherwise, you'll have to find a few open minded girl friends.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

The same reason I can buy a tile saw at Home Depot but then can't
buy a replacement blade a few years later.

If you have one of those little under $100 wet saws, they do sell
replacement blades for them:'

http://www.homedepot.com/s/wet%2520saw%2520blade

All you need to do is match up the diameter of the blade and the size of
the center hole. Then pick the blade for the material you're cutting (tile,
concrete, etc.)

1/3 of an aisle just for different colors and sizes of
expensive sticky notes. (I wonder about the recyclability
of sticky notes. I rarely want something sticky and
I rarely want such a small piece of paper.

I've had a book of sticky notes in my drawer for over 10 years. I never use
them. My wife uses them occasionally to bookmark pages in a cookbook or
magazine.

Awhile back I was doing a job for a couple in their 90s.
They were surprised when I pulled out 2 copies of
my receipt paper and a piece of carbon paper. Even
they hadn't seen carbon paper for years. I bought a
single pack, probably 2 decades ago, and I'm still using
it.

You can still buy carbon paper too:

http://officedepot.com/a/products/59...-Carbon-Paper-
Black-8/

I think people mostly use it for craft projects these days. I know I
haven't had a need for it in 20+ years.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 6/4/2016 8:08 AM, HerHusband wrote:
I'd also love to find a girl with 6-hole notebook paper

How about a girl with 6 holes instead?

Most any girl would qualify: vagina, anus, mouth, left ear, right ear, left
nostril, right nostril.

Otherwise, you'll have to find a few open minded girl friends.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

The ears and nose ain't good fer nutin', honey.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2016 8:20 AM, HerHusband wrote:
1/3 of an aisle just for different colors and sizes of
expensive sticky notes. (I wonder about the recyclability
of sticky notes. I rarely want something sticky and
I rarely want such a small piece of paper.

I've had a book of sticky notes in my drawer for over 10 years. I never use
them. My wife uses them occasionally to bookmark pages in a cookbook or
magazine.

I object to "post-it's" on the grounds of utter inefficiency and
insane cost!

OTOH, a colleague clued me in to an EXCELLENT use for them!

I don't like marking up text/reference books. But, frequently encounter
errors. So, I just slap a post-it note on the page and write the
correction on the note paper! When I revisit that page, it's presence
is a perfect reminder that "something is wrong, here" so I don't have
to rediscover the same mistake, later!

(I found some really tiny notes -- like 1"x1.5" -- that I now keep for just
this purpose. You can adhere them to the page "in a margin" and never have to
worry about a *larger* note obscuring part of the text on the page!)

WT? PC 5" ROS pads??? dpb Woodworking 6 October 12th 09 08:41 PM
Knee Pads John UK diy 7 March 14th 09 06:23 PM
B & Q Paint pads TMC UK diy 4 October 3rd 08 01:29 PM
Air Pads Errol Groff Metalworking 11 June 3rd 05 03:31 AM
Knee Pads RichardC Woodworking 17 March 7th 05 03:56 PM