Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Where to buy 3x5 pads

On 6/4/2016 8:20 AM, HerHusband wrote:
1/3 of an aisle just for different colors and sizes of
expensive sticky notes. (I wonder about the recyclability
of sticky notes. I rarely want something sticky and
I rarely want such a small piece of paper.

I've had a book of sticky notes in my drawer for over 10 years. I never use
them. My wife uses them occasionally to bookmark pages in a cookbook or
magazine.

I object to "post-it's" on the grounds of utter inefficiency and
insane cost!

OTOH, a colleague clued me in to an EXCELLENT use for them!

I don't like marking up text/reference books. But, frequently encounter
errors. So, I just slap a post-it note on the page and write the
correction on the note paper! When I revisit that page, it's presence
is a perfect reminder that "something is wrong, here" so I don't have
to rediscover the same mistake, later!

(I found some really tiny notes -- like 1"x1.5" -- that I now keep for just
this purpose. You can adhere them to the page "in a margin" and never have to
worry about a *larger* note obscuring part of the text on the page!)