Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antivirus update

I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed on my
desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most part on my
other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the computer every time
it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to reboot after every update . I
have gone back to Avast on this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on
outgoing emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .
--
Snag

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed on my
desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most part on my
other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the computer every time
it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to reboot after every update . I
have gone back to Avast on this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on
outgoing emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .
--
Snag

Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds

On 6/3/2016 7:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed on my
desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most part on my
other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the computer every time
it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to reboot after every update . I
have gone back to Avast on this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on
outgoing emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .
--
Snag

Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?

Terry doesn't know a ****ing thing about it. He's hoping to glean some
info by virtue of his stupid poast.
Hoping you can supply him with that magic bullet.
Wot he needs is a real virus scanner, but they don't usually let those
go for twenty-five cents.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds

Oh for Zod's sake , do please **** off and die .

--
Snag

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed
on my desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most
part on my other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the
computer every time it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to
reboot after every update . I have gone back to Avast on this comp
... haven't killed the Avast banner on outgoing emails/posts yet ,
but will take care of that soonest . --
Snag

Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?

I had Avast do a boot scan immediately after install and update . Pretty
sure I'm clean and safe . Avast has been pretty good at catching the nasties
, used it for several years and now I'm not so sure it was the cause of some
of the problems I was having .

--
Snag

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

You obviously know very little about antivirus scanning modes . It appears
to me that the only thing you know anything about is stirring **** . You
have a lot of experience with that living in your mom's basement with the
broken sewer drain pipes . Look up "boot scan" , and get back to me when
you've educated yourself . Like that's gonna happen ... I'd explain it to
you , but you're too stupid to understand . I'm surprised you even know how
to turn the computer on - or does mommy do that for you ?

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

....you violated your own rule..."DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS"!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3 Jun 2016 15:11, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

Another crossposting moron into killfile, newsgroups snipped

--
Sailing against the wind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zephirum wrote:
[...]

OOops , missed that the fockhead added groups . My apologies .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:54:05 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

...you violated your own rule..."DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS"!

No slack , eh ?

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 15:11:07 +0100, Terry Coombs wrote:

[...]

it feeds on attention PDFTT (shed dropped)

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I'm still surprised people reply to the troll. No wonder he keeps returning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed on my
desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most part on my
other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the computer every time
it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to reboot after every update . I
have gone back to Avast on this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on
outgoing emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .
--
Snag

Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?

That can hold true for any anti-virus software.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2016 9:46 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed on my
desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most part on my
other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the computer every time
it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to reboot after every update . I
have gone back to Avast on this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on
outgoing emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .

I've been using Avast (free) for several years now and despite the ads,
which I can tolerate, it has done well for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:
On 6/3/2016 9:46 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently
installed on my desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for
the most part on my other computers . In this unit however , it
locks up the computer every time it updates . I have to do a forced
shutdown to reboot after every update . I have gone back to Avast on
this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on outgoing
emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .

I've been using Avast (free) for several years now and despite the
ads, which I can tolerate, it has done well for me.

I was using Avast , started having issues with slowdiwns and I thought
that was why . Apparently not ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/03/2016 08:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?

The company used Symantec for a while and it would sometimes pop up a
message if it detected a virus and quarantined it. Then they switched to
ESET. That pops up a message that basically says it's still on the job.
The good part is it hasn't quarantined anything I was trying to use.

ESET doesn't send key logs to Russia. It sends them to Slovakia.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 10:22:15 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:54:05 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

...you violated your own rule..."DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS"!

I've tried so hard to starve the trolls but Booby, you're still alive. Dammit! ^_^

Uncle Trollish Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 4:33:34 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Meanie wrote:
On 6/3/2016 9:46 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently
installed on my desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for
the most part on my other computers . In this unit however , it
locks up the computer every time it updates . I have to do a forced
shutdown to reboot after every update . I have gone back to Avast on
this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on outgoing
emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest .

I've been using Avast (free) for several years now and despite the
ads, which I can tolerate, it has done well for me.

I was using Avast , started having issues with slowdiwns and I thought
that was why . Apparently not ...
--
Snag

Using a Chromebook for the last several years I'm stuck with the Chrome OS which automatically updates its malware protection and everything else. I'm glad I obtained the little 3 pound 11" netbook a few years ago. The only thing I've done to it is add 2gb of memory. If you want to accomplish anything with the diminutive computer there must be an Internet connection. All the hospitals and nursing homes I've been in have fast WiFi for the use of patients and staff. I miss my big Windows machines and all the toys but I'd be out of touch if I didn't have the little computer. If you want to get a computer for a family member who's physically impaired or hospitalized, get them a little light weight Chromebook which is easy to handle and useable without much fuss like a Windows machine. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Chromed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 10:24:12 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 06/03/2016 08:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?

The company used Symantec for a while and it would sometimes pop up a
message if it detected a virus and quarantined it. Then they switched to
ESET. That pops up a message that basically says it's still on the job.
The good part is it hasn't quarantined anything I was trying to use.

ESET doesn't send key logs to Russia. It sends them to Slovakia.

All those computer hackers trained by the defunct Soviet Union are now producing antivirus software. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hacking Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 5:36:19 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

Using a Chromebook for the last several years I'm stuck with the Chrome OS which automatically updates its malware protection and everything else. I'm glad I obtained the little 3 pound 11" netbook a few years ago. The only thing I've done to it is add 2gb of memory. If you want to accomplish anything with the diminutive computer there must be an Internet connection. All the hospitals and nursing homes I've been in have fast WiFi for the use of patients and staff. I miss my big Windows machines and all the toys but I'd be out of touch if I didn't have the little computer. If you want to get a computer for a family member who's physically impaired or hospitalized, get them a little light weight Chromebook which is easy to handle and useable without much fuss like a Windows machine. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Chrummed Monster

....you sound like a salesman trying to impress someone...why not be your usual asshole self? ^_^
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2016 04:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Using a Chromebook for the last several years I'm stuck with the Chrome OS which automatically updates its malware protection and everything else.

Dear Uncle Spied-On Monster,

It's alleged that Google's Chromebook OS *is* spyware...but I think you already knew that.

http://blog.hotspotshield.com/2014/1...yware-machine/

Which OS gives your life a more thorough exam, Windows 10 or Chromebook OS?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 6:46:51 AM UTC-5, Harvey Putzmeister wrote:
On 06/04/2016 04:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Using a Chromebook for the last several years I'm stuck with the Chrome OS which automatically updates its malware protection and everything else.

Dear Uncle Spied-On Monster,

It's alleged that Google's Chromebook OS *is* spyware...but I think you already knew that.

http://blog.hotspotshield.com/2014/1...yware-machine/

Which OS gives your life a more thorough exam, Windows 10 or Chromebook OS?

Who are you...besides a nymshifter? How many aliases do you have?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 6:07:56 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
[...]

Oh come on Booby, you can do better than that. Take insult lessons. Me and my brother come up with all sorts of insults to use on trolls. Such as:"You needle dick limp wristed cum gargling butt ****ing Leprechaun!" Use your imagination. It will make you a better troll. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Smug Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 6:46:51 AM UTC-5, Harvey Putzmeister wrote:
On 06/04/2016 04:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Using a Chromebook for the last several years I'm stuck with the Chrome OS which automatically updates its malware protection and everything else.

Dear Uncle Spied-On Monster,

It's alleged that Google's Chromebook OS *is* spyware...but I think you already knew that.

http://blog.hotspotshield.com/2014/1...yware-machine/

Which OS gives your life a more thorough exam, Windows 10 or Chromebook OS?

If you set it up right by getting into the setup to adjust the privacy settings you don't have much to worry about. My Gmail is really good at blocking spam. I deleted 200 of them in the spam folder yesterday. I rarely see any spam in my inbox. I have the Chromebook because I've been in the hospital and nursing homes for the last several years. The 3 pound netbook and bag are easy for me to handle with one hand. I can't do that with a 17" laptop like I have at home. I can't really carry around my 42 pound Win7 workstation so I make do with the cute little Chromebook. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Net Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 7:56:32 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

If you had an imagination...you'd take it out an play with it. I remember you call me out for "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag", and look at you. How truly proud you must be? Crawl back in your bedpan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
[...]

Imagination? Like saying "Oh come on Booby"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I play with my imagination all the time. You should see the mental picture I have of you. EEEEK! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Aghast Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:13:29 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
[...]

Talking to yourself again? Figures. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle LMFAO Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:53:55 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

If you had an imagination...you'd take it out an play with it. I remember you call me out for "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag", and look at you. How truly proud you must be? Crawl back in your bedpan.

I play with my imagination all the time. You should see the mental picture I have of you. EEEEK! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle A-gag Monster

You're pathetic...and even *you* know it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 2:17:00 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:53:55 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

If you had an imagination...you'd take it out an play with it. I remember you call me out for "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag", and look at you. How truly proud you must be? Crawl back in your bedpan.

I play with my imagination all the time. You should see the mental picture I have of you. EEEEK! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Agast Monster

You're pathetic...and even *you* know it!

Oh come on Booby, quit acting childishly. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Grownup Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 11:12:56 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 2:17:00 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:53:55 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

If you had an imagination...you'd take it out an play with it. I remember you call me out for "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag", and look at you. How truly proud you must be? Crawl back in your bedpan.

I play with my imagination all the time. You should see the mental picture I have of you. EEEEK! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Agast Monster

You're pathetic...and even *you* know it!

Oh come on Booby, quit acting childishly. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle ownup Monster

Great imagination...same asshole, same ****, different day!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 7:35:34 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 11:12:56 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 2:17:00 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:53:55 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:07:01 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

If you had an imagination...you'd take it out an play with it. I remember you call me out for "Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag", and look at you. How truly proud you must be? Crawl back in your bedpan.

I play with my imagination all the time. You should see the mental picture I have of you. EEEEK! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Agast Monster

You're pathetic...and even *you* know it!

Oh come on Booby, quit acting childishly. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Grownup Monster

Great imagination...same asshole, same ****, different day!

Oh come on Booby V. Use your imagination, you can troll better than that. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Imaginary Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 7:56:16 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

[8~{} Uncle maginary Monster

....even the colon-L has more imagination than you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

[...]

+ adinfinitum

--
Tekkie

avg antivirus 7.5 crack [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 26th 08 04:46 PM
AVG antivirus new edition [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 5th 08 11:24 AM
AVG antivirus new version...... [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 January 23rd 08 12:32 PM
AGV AntiVirus R. Wink Woodworking 24 January 6th 05 11:03 PM
AVG Antivirus R. Wink Metalworking 7 January 3rd 05 09:31 PM