Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antivirus update

trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed
on my desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most
part on my other computers . In this unit however , it locks up the
computer every time it updates . I have to do a forced shutdown to
reboot after every update . I have gone back to Avast on this comp
... haven't killed the Avast banner on outgoing emails/posts yet ,
but will take care of that soonest . --
Snag

Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless
you have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death star 2016"
or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there that's doing
God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it to Russia?

I had Avast do a boot scan immediately after install and update . Pretty
sure I'm clean and safe . Avast has been pretty good at catching the nasties
, used it for several years and now I'm not so sure it was the cause of some
of the problems I was having .

--
Snag

---