Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antivirus update

Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 6/3/2016 7:14 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently
installed on my desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK
for the most part on my other computers . In this unit however ,
it locks up the computer every time it updates . I have to do a
forced shutdown to reboot after every update . I have gone back to
Avast on this comp ... haven't killed the Avast banner on outgoing
emails/posts yet , but will take care of that soonest . --
Snag

Not particular to Avira, but how do you know it does the job? Unless you
have some obvious virus that pops up and says "Death
star 2016" or similar, how do you know there isn't a virus there
that's doing God knows what, eg tracking your typing and sending it
to Russia?

I had Avast do a boot scan immediately after install and update .
Pretty sure I'm clean and safe . Avast has been pretty good at
catching the nasties , used it for several years and now I'm not so
sure it was the cause of some of the problems I was having .

Boot scan?
LOL

You obviously know very little about antivirus scanning modes . It appears
to me that the only thing you know anything about is stirring **** . You
have a lot of experience with that living in your mom's basement with the
broken sewer drain pipes . Look up "boot scan" , and get back to me when
you've educated yourself . Like that's gonna happen ... I'd explain it to
you , but you're too stupid to understand . I'm surprised you even know how
to turn the computer on - or does mommy do that for you ?

--
Snag