Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic tags

Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:28:04 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

Damnedest things people can find with a 10 second search.

https://plastekcards.com/ (home)

_Blank Plastic Cards_ (PVC)

https://plastekcards.com/product-cards/blank-cards/
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/blank-credit-cards

--
Froz....

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/blank-credit-cards

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for blank credit cards
*or* business cards. Rather, pieces of plastic that are *about*
that size (easier to suggest an item that conjures a general
size in people's minds than to specify a set of various sizes).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s)
that I require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material"
that I can buy locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/blank-credit-cards

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for blank credit cards
*or* business cards. Rather, pieces of plastic that are *about*
that size (easier to suggest an item that conjures a general
size in people's minds than to specify a set of various sizes).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s)
that I require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material"
that I can buy locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

I'm not understanding this thread, but if you want plastic tags, you can
buy cattle ear tags at any farm supply store. They are numbered and made
to be put on the ears of cattle. A screw will hold them to other stuff
and they are about the size of a credit card.

I once worked at a hospital doing maintenance and they wanted to label
the valves in the boiler room. I bought some of these cattle tags, wired
them on the valves and made a chart explaining the purpose of each valve
according to the number. It worked great. These tags are very durable
too.

Dont know if this helps, or not, because this tread was very poorly
explained, but if labelling is desired, this works well. They also come
in a variety of colors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:48:47 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s)
that I require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material"
that I can buy locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

How many do you need? I've cut scraps out of a laundry detergent bottle for similar applications. You might have to scrounge your neighbors's recycling bins after dark if you need a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/blank-credit-cards

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for blank credit cards
*or* business cards. Rather, pieces of plastic that are *about*
that size (easier to suggest an item that conjures a general
size in people's minds than to specify a set of various sizes).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s)
that I require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material"
that I can buy locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

Maybe, or need thicker ?

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hob...Sheets/p/97972

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2016 12:22 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:28:25 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

Plexiglass?

I think that would be too brittle (in thin enough sheets to make
cutting easy).

I offered "credit cards" as an idea as that's about the "sturdiness"
that I need. Yet, cutting a credit card (e.g., in half when it
expires) is relatively easy.

Cutting with scissors/shears is easier (and more versatile) than
with a "saw"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/blank-credit-cards

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for blank credit cards
*or* business cards. Rather, pieces of plastic that are *about*
that size (easier to suggest an item that conjures a general
size in people's minds than to specify a set of various sizes).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s)
that I require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material"
that I can buy locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

Maybe, or need thicker ?

I'll guess that 0.030" is pretty flexible (depends on the type of plastic).
My library card is about that thickness -- though I suspect stiffer -- and
it would be too flimsy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2016 11:38 AM, TimR wrote:
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:48:47 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote: ).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s) that I
require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material" that I can buy
locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

How many do you need?

Several dozen. I figured the PVC gutter was about the right amount of
"raw material" (considering I would have to discard the "curved" portions)

I've cut scraps out of a laundry detergent bottle for similar applications.
You might have to scrounge your neighbors's recycling bins after dark if you
need a lot.

I'm not sure that's stiff enough -- but it sure would be *tough* enough.
Finding a "flat" piece might be problematic (as even the bottoms aren't
really flat).

Hmmm... maybe one of the square-ish clear plastic containers (with oversized
screw-on lid -- like the containers in which Costco sells cashews) could
provide the "raw material"...

And, actually, I think one neighbor uses a brand of coffee that comes in
a plastic container that might be suitable.

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

....yet once again, you won't tell us what it's for. You must really enjoy
playing that game.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y writes:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

https://www.premier1supplies.com/c/e...lies/ear_tags/
https://www.valleyvet.com/c/livestoc...dlot-tags.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

How about this then, 1 mm/.039 in thick plexi

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hob...iglass/p/21918
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

Buy a sheet of Lexan.,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

What is the "top secret" use for these cards?? Might make
recomendations a lot easier.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

As I said elsewhere (ItsJoan?), I think lexan would be too brittle/stiff.

Take an old credit card. You can bend, mangle, twist, etc. it with
impunity. And, still coerce it back to its original shape.

THICK lexan won't break (without extreme acts of violence) but thin will.

I'm going to go buy a vinyl gutter and have at it with some snips...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:40:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

...yet once again, you won't tell us what it's for. You must really enjoy
playing that game.

Glad you understand. Seen it for months now. No answer is an answer
he wants. Chicken lips and frog hairs. Everything must be in exact
order. Cut twice and measure once
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm going to go buy a vinyl gutter and have at it with some snips...

What type of snips are you going to use ?
tin snips ; household snips; garden snips ...
.... any particular colour of vinyl gutter ?
Sheeesh.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2016 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

What's the intended use?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:13:35 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What's the intended use?

He's making plastic rectangles. Sheeeesh.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/26/2016 10:38 AM, Thomas wrote:
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:13:35 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What's the intended use?

He's making plastic rectangles. Sheeeesh.

I have this urge to one up you, and
make plastic pentagons.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

...yet once again, you won't tell us what it's for. You must really enjoy
playing that game.

Glad you understand. Seen it for months now. No answer is an answer
he wants. Chicken lips and frog hairs. Everything must be in exact
order. Cut twice and measure once

Get in line for the FREE circumcisions.

--
Tekkie

OT; QR tags The Medway Handyman UK diy 21 December 10th 12 03:07 PM
Man tags own house Oren[_2_] Home Repair 0 May 19th 10 07:44 PM
GPS Tags? news.tele.dk Electronics 2 August 11th 08 04:13 PM
Wooden name tags Tom Weber Woodturning 7 June 20th 07 05:04 PM
Dog tags Eric R Snow Metalworking 22 September 26th 05 09:44 PM