Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Plastic tags

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:48:28 -0700, Don Y

On 2016-04-25 1:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Generic credit card sized (business card sized?) PLAIN sheets of
plastic that are either very durable (unlikely to break when flexed)
*or* flexible.

Best guess I can come up with is a PVC gutter and a pair of shears?
(Hmmm... maybe a grade-school paper cutter might make easier
work of it?)

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/blank-credit-cards

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for blank credit cards
*or* business cards. Rather, pieces of plastic that are *about*
that size (easier to suggest an item that conjures a general
size in people's minds than to specify a set of various sizes).

Hence the appeal of cutting a PVC gutter to the ACTUAL size(s)
that I require (I'm not aware of "generic sheets of PVC material"
that I can buy locally; OTOH, I can get a gutter pretty easily!)

I'm not understanding this thread, but if you want plastic tags, you can
buy cattle ear tags at any farm supply store. They are numbered and made
to be put on the ears of cattle. A screw will hold them to other stuff
and they are about the size of a credit card.

I once worked at a hospital doing maintenance and they wanted to label
the valves in the boiler room. I bought some of these cattle tags, wired
them on the valves and made a chart explaining the purpose of each valve
according to the number. It worked great. These tags are very durable
too.

Dont know if this helps, or not, because this tread was very poorly
explained, but if labelling is desired, this works well. They also come
in a variety of colors.