Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wheelbarrow loads

On 4/21/2016 11:56 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Just tell him that the industry standard for the average wheelbarrow
is 674.32 lbs and be done with it.

Won't work for me. I need a metric wheelbarrow and it is tough to find
one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:05:20 -0500, Don Y
wrote:

Soil is typ about 1T/cu yd
Sand is typ about 1.5T/cu yd
Concrete, about 2T/cu yd

Wheelbarrow capacity is typ 1/6 cu yd

So, sizing with concrete's density in mind
suggests it would never see more than ~700lb load.

Anything that you'd EXPECT to encounter with a
wheelbarrow that would EXCEED that? (i.e., you
wouldn't be lugging gold bullion around in one)

Would OSHA have any words of "wisdom"? Maybe
wheelbarrows are built to OSHA standards more or less.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:07:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/21/2016 11:56 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Just tell him that the industry standard for the average wheelbarrow
is 674.32 lbs and be done with it.

Won't work for me. I need a metric wheelbarrow and it is tough to find
one.

One of those links you posted listed the recommended max weight in KG
(200)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Any one else but me think this will make
the Bad Golferman top 20 list, this
month?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/21/2016 4:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:05:20 -0500, Don Y wrote:

Soil is typ about 1T/cu yd
Sand is typ about 1.5T/cu yd
Concrete, about 2T/cu yd

Wheelbarrow capacity is typ 1/6 cu yd

So, sizing with concrete's density in mind
suggests it would never see more than ~700lb load.

Anything that you'd EXPECT to encounter with a
wheelbarrow that would EXCEED that? (i.e., you
wouldn't be lugging gold bullion around in one)

Would OSHA have any words of "wisdom"? Maybe
wheelbarrows are built to OSHA standards more or less.

Hmmm.... that's another possible source of information.
The list of models that Vic provided includes a "double
wheeled" unit rated at 320kg (700 pounds). Hard to
imagine someone making a unit that can't be *moved*
by a human!

I have a neighbor who works for the state ("safety").
I'll check with him when he returns (I think he's been deployed
to TX or CO or one of those other places getting hammered by
the weather, lately).

Thx!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hits root at 0:40... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhvkJ7Yg7Y
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2016 9:05 AM, Don Y wrote:
Anything that you'd EXPECT to encounter with a
wheelbarrow that would EXCEED that? (i.e., you
wouldn't be lugging gold bullion around in one)

Stumbled on this (and other similar devices) while
doing my research:

http://www.nu-starmhl.com/product/muv-electric-wheelbarrow

400kg = ~900lbs

http://www.electricwheelbarrow.com/

550lbs

www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200636063_200636063

A wimpy 200 pounds -- despite its APPARENT large size!
(actually, no larger than most wheelbarrows -- just LOOKS so!)

Might be nice toys to have -- except for the space required
to STORE IT! (friends with back hoes and front loaders
have lots of real estate -- and extra garages -- in which to
hide THEIR toys! Given my druthers, I think I'd rather a basement
than an extra grudge!)

I also note that the bobcat ROC's start at around 700. So, that's
probably a significant figure...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y posted for all of us...

WHAT SIZE TIRE WOULD YOU EXPECT TO ENCOUNTER ON A WHEELBARROW?

At what speed rating? What manufacturer? Flintstone, Mickylin or Hava Flat?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 16:30:24 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Don Y posted for all of us...

WHAT SIZE TIRE WOULD YOU EXPECT TO ENCOUNTER ON A WHEELBARROW?

At what speed rating? What manufacturer? Flintstone, Mickylin or Hava Flat?

Know whatta mean Vern?!

The land space between Philly and Pittsburgh is called Alabama.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Don Y posted for all of us...

WHAT SIZE TIRE WOULD YOU EXPECT TO ENCOUNTER ON A WHEELBARROW?

At what speed rating? What manufacturer? Flintstone, Mickylin or Hava Flat?

Know whatta mean Vern?!

The land space between Philly and Pittsburgh is called Alabama.

James Carville

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:36:51 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

The land space between Philly and Pittsburgh is called Alabama.

James Carville

Gold Star for you. Congratulations.