Viatcheslav Riabov

Default VCR JVC HR-A33U loads non-existent tape and re-loads existent

Good day, everyone!
I am working on VCR JVC HR-A33U.
Upon powering up it attempts to load a non-existing tape.
When real tape is injected, the machine works more or less
properly. But when tape needs to be ejected, VCR spits it out
and then re-loads it back. Mode switch and alignments were checked
and appear to be in order. (Cleaned and re-assembled more than once,
with all check points observed. There is no problem with that).
This machine loads tapes off capstan motor (not off loading motor)
and I can not figure out how the inserted tape is sensed, what triggers
the capstan motor to start to spin in order to pull the tape in.
Any advice is appreciated.

Viatcheslav
Mark D. Zacharias

Some older JVC's would have this problem due to a loose grounding screw
underneath the mechanism. It would trigger a tape sensor because the ground
was lifted.

Mark Z.

om...