Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wheelbarrow Question

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 8:30�pm, yard dude not wrote:
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

a yard is 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet. can be dirt or concrete or
whatever

wheelbarrows come in many sizes
Posted to alt.home.repair

yard dude not wrote in :

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

What size lot?
Posted to alt.home.repair

yard dude not wrote in message
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

A yard is 27 cu ft. If you have a 6 cu ft wheelbarrow, that would be 5.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" Frank" wrote in message
. ..

yard dude not wrote in message
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

A yard is 27 cu ft. If you have a 6 cu ft wheelbarrow, that would be 5.

Another way to think of it is 500 pounds per trip.

Posted to alt.home.repair

depends on the size of the wheel barrow. There are many.

yard dude not wrote in message
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
yard dude not wrote in :

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

What size lot?

If the dirt has lots of stones in it do you need as many loads?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

"Red Green" wrote in message
yard dude not wrote in
:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

What size lot?

If the dirt has lots of stones in it do you need as many loads?

No, as long as they are stones for lots. Did you mean stones for lots,
lots of stones or lots of stones for lots?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

A yard is 27 cu ft. If you have a 6 cu ft wheelbarrow, that would be 5.

No it wouldn't, it would be 4 1/2.

He spilled some along the way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

"Red Green" wrote in message
.. .

yard dude not wrote in
:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

What size lot?

If the dirt has lots of stones in it do you need as many loads?

No, as long as they are stones for lots. Did you mean stones for lots,
lots of stones or lots of stones for lots?

Why do you want to stone Lot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

A dump truck even better...

""Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 "" wrote in
message ...

A 4 wheel cart with a dump body is easier.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 12:25*am, Red Green wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote . net:

"Red Green" wrote in message
yard dude not wrote in
m:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

What size lot?

If the dirt has lots of stones in it do you need as many loads?

No, as long as they are stones for lots. Did you mean stones for lots,
lots of stones or lots of stones for lots?

I used to get stoned a lot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:12:27 -0800, "Pat" wrote:

Another way to think of it is 500 pounds per trip.

___________

Sow in a wheelbarrow

This farmer has a sow he would like to get pregnant but he doesnt have
a bore(male pig).His neighbor tells him he has a bore bring your sow
over and he'll get her pregnant.

The farmer says sure but how will I know if she's pregnant.Neighbor
says watch her in the morning if she rolls in the clover she's
pregnant,if she rolls in the mud she's not.So the farmer loads the sow
in his wheelbarrow and takes her to the neighbors and leavs her with
the bore everyday for a week.Every morning she's rolling in the mud,so
he's gotta put her in the wheelbarrow and take her to the neighbors
again.

He's getting tired of this'next morning he says to his wife "Honey
look out the window and tell me if the pigs rolling in the mud or the
clover"His wife has a look and comes back say's"She aint rolling in
the mud or the clover,she's sittin in the wheelbarrow.
___________
--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

jJim McLaughlin wrote:
Red Green wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

"Red Green" wrote in message

yard dude not wrote in
:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

What size lot?

If the dirt has lots of stones in it do you need as many loads?

No, as long as they are stones for lots. Did you mean stones for lots,
lots of stones or lots of stones for lots?

Why do you want to stone Lot?

I always thought it's his wife that's stone ...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

yard dude not wrote in message Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of
dirt makes one yard?

That depends. How big of a yard do you want?
Just keep adding more dirt until the yard is the size you need....
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message I always thought it's his wife that's
stone ...

Ah, Lots wife. She was the salt of the earth...
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:33:06 GMT, "Susan wrote:

Ah, Lots wife. She was the salt of the earth...

Don't look back.....
--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

A cubic yard contains 27 cubic feet.

A large contractor type wheelbarrow holds 6 cubic feet.

When you dig up soil, there is a fluff factor - there is more soil
volume because it is not densely packed.

Hope this helps, maybe better than some of the other answers.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

yard dude not wrote in message
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:30:54 -0800, yard dude not wrote:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

1 if it's big enough
Posted to alt.home.repair

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
t...
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:30:54 -0800, yard dude not wrote:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

1 if it's big enough

Reminds me of old uncle Hank. Everyday he would leave the factory where he
worked with a small tarp draped over his wheelbarrow. At the guard shack he
would be stopped and the guard would pull back the tarp and find uncle Hanks
toolbox and lunch pail. Nothing else, just the toolbox and lunch pail.
Everyday for years it was the same routine. And everyday there was nothing
in the wheelbarrow but the toolbox and the lunch pail. Uncle Hank was
finally arrested and sent to prison. Seems he had stolen over 500
wheelbarrows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message

" Frank" wrote in message
. ..

yard dude not wrote in message
Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

A yard is 27 cu ft. If you have a 6 cu ft wheelbarrow, that would be 5.

Another way to think of it is 500 pounds per trip.

Come to think of it, 500# seems be a little much, stress on the anatomy and
the wheelbarrow itself, when moving a few yards on anything other than on a
smooth and level surface. I'm good about 1/2 hour with 500# but could do it
all day long under 300# moving over uneven ground and slight incline.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Susan (CobbersMom) wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message I always thought it's his wife that's
stone ...

Ah, Lots wife. She was the salt of the earth...

I must have been thinking of rock salt when I wrote "stone". G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 9:45*am, "JC" wrote:
"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message

t...

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:30:54 -0800, yard dude not wrote:

Does anyone know how many wheelbarrow of dirt makes one yard?

1 if it's big enough

Reminds me of old uncle Hank. Everyday he would leave the factory where he
worked with a small tarp draped over his wheelbarrow. At the guard shack he
would be stopped and the guard would pull back the tarp and find uncle Hanks
toolbox and lunch pail. Nothing else, just the toolbox and lunch pail.
Everyday for years it was the same routine. And everyday there was nothing
in the wheelbarrow but the toolbox and the lunch pail. Uncle Hank was
finally arrested and sent to prison. Seems he had stolen over 500
wheelbarrows.

Gee... I had an "Uncle Hank" too.

My "Uncle Hank" was a friend who worked in the maintenance department
of a Fortune 100 company. He wore a jacket (with pockets) to work
every day, regardless of the weather. I asked him why and the reason
he gave was this: If I ever need to steal supplies for a project at
home, it won't raise a flag if I show up wearing a jacket on a 90
degree day."

So basically this guy got dressed every morning conciously thinking
about ripping the company off.