Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No more shovel and wheelbarrow for me

Weekend before this one was a beauty in NE Ohio and I wanted to work
out in the yard after a long winter.

So I ordered up 10 yards of soil and rented a walk-behind track loader
for the weekend. Liike this:

http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/produc...ck_loader/mt52

Toro makes one too:

http://www.toro.com/professional/sws...400/index.html

By Sunday afternoon I had pulled out 6 overgrown shrubs, moved 4 large
boulders, made a new raised bed with 6 yards of the soil, and did some
grading and leveling with the rest of the soil. Had everthing cleaned
up and the loader back on the trailer to return in the morning.

No more shovel and wheelbarrow or tractor cart for me when there's
lots of soil or mulch or gravel or whatever to move. That loader
worked *great* and it made the job downright fun!

I pulled the shrubs by wrapping a chain low around them and using the
loader to just yank them out by the roots. The boulders I moved with
forks on the loader, and the soil I moved with the bucket.

The thing is only 3 feet wide and it will turn in place, so it's very
easy to maneuver. Not as powerful or versatile as a regular track
loader or backhoe/loader, but easy for an amateur to handle. Ripped up
the lawn some where it was especially soggy, but not too bad. I
should have thrown down some scrap plywood in those spots.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it here for those that have big jobs in
the yard to do. You can also get an auger attachment; that's be great
for doing lots of post holes. Trencher too, I think.

I'm already planning to rent it again in a month or so when the rest
of my lot dries out enough.

Paul F.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 8:29�pm, Paul Franklin
wrote:
[...]

I need to install pavers where the dogs run to minimize mud in home in
winter, this might do the trick, thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

What did it cost to rent ??
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 02:11:22 -0400, (Jerry -
OHIO) wrote:

What did it cost to rent ??
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

My local rental place isn't open on Sunday, so if you rent on Saturday
you get it for the whole weekend for the day rate as long as you have
it back first thing Monday. It was about $180 for the weekend, with
the bucket, forks, trailer, fuel (diesel) tax, etc.

Paul F.

How much dirt in a wheelbarrow salad Home Repair 17 October 8th 19 01:44 AM
Shovel ID Wes[_2_] Metalworking 8 December 20th 08 11:36 PM
Wheelbarrow Question yard dude not Home Repair 24 February 28th 08 04:47 PM
My Wheelbarrow! Mick Strefford Woodworking Plans and Photos 9 May 29th 07 03:47 AM
How to get wheelbarrow tire back on rim m Ransley Home Repair 12 April 28th 05 04:21 AM