m Ransley

Default How to get wheelbarrow tire back on rim

Put an inner tube in it or take it to a service station or tire shop a
large compressor can usualy put out enough air fast enough to blow it in
shape

borgunit

A trick I use is those little ratcheting straps you can buy (to hold
down cargo or whatever on a vehicle). Just wrap it around the tire
and ratchet it till the "bead" expands out to the rim. A little water
helps too. It shows where it may leak and helps the tire to slide and
fill in the rim.

HotRod

OR if your really stuck, spray in some starter fluid or other flammable
aerosol spray and then light it, the pressure of the ignition will seal the
tire enough for you. I've seen 4x4 guys use this out in the sticks.

longshot

you do realize that a service station would charge you about 5 bucks to do
this & it would only take about 3 minutes, right?

World Traveler

wrote in message
news
The tire went flat on my wheelbarrow, and came loose from the rim. I
have tried everything to get that tire inflated, but can not get it to
seal well enough around the rim to be able to get the air to start
filling it. There's got to be some sort of trick to this. Anyone
know? The tire is not bad, it just wont expand to the rim. I have
tried to lean on it, work it against the rim with my hands (I can get
one side on the rim, but not the other), and even tried to tie a rope
tightly around it. I never have this much trouble with car tires as I
am with this stupid little tire.

Joe

Been there, done that. Used a belt clamp and a neighbor's shop compressor,
which puts out more air than my little battery-powered Campbell Hausfeld
inflator. In about two seconds, it seated the bead, inflated the tire, and
tore the belt clamp in two. Next time, I'll take the wheel off the
wheelbarrow and take it to a local gas station with an air pump that I can
control a little better. Regards --

Use a match & propane... no.. really...

I once saw video on Discovery channel about 4 wheelers in Iceland (of
all places) and it showed a really neat trick... when in the outback
(so to speak) and they need to re-seat a tire they fill it with
propane, (as best they can, obviously with it unseated some leaks out,
but they seem to get enough in) then they toss a match at it. It
literally explodes into a momentary fireball, but somehow the explosive
action is enough to seat the tire. I assume they come back and let
Propane out, and replace with air.. but the program was not a detailed
how-to, it just showed the video of them exploding the tire back onto
the rim. I am not nuts or desperate enough to try it, but it was some
pretty cool video...

Stormin Mormon

I had the same problem. I stuffed as many crumpled news papers as I could
into the tire, that helped a little.

I think the real answer is go to the tractor supply place and get an inner
tube.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
news The tire went flat on my wheelbarrow, and came loose from the rim. I
have tried everything to get that tire inflated, but can not get it to
seal well enough around the rim to be able to get the air to start
filling it. There's got to be some sort of trick to this. Anyone
know? The tire is not bad, it just wont expand to the rim. I have
tried to lean on it, work it against the rim with my hands (I can get
one side on the rim, but not the other), and even tried to tie a rope
tightly around it. I never have this much trouble with car tires as I
am with this stupid little tire.

Joe

SteveB

"longshot" wrote in message
you do realize that a service station would charge you about 5 bucks to do
this & it would only take about 3 minutes, right?

What self-respecting alt.hr'er would do that?

Phil Munro

The tire places in our area give better service than that, and will
usually help with something like this for $0.0. --Phil

"longshot" wrote in message

you do realize that a service station would charge you about 5 bucks to do
this & it would only take about 3 minutes, right?

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555

HotRod

NOPE, I would start with a little propane and work my way up to more, this
really does work.

Hotrod

"SteveB" wrote in message

"longshot" wrote in message
you do realize that a service station would charge you about 5 bucks to

do
this & it would only take about 3 minutes, right?

What self-respecting alt.hr'er would do that?

This is done every day of the world. Truck tires are a bear to install on
the road without a large air line and bead seating ring. Once you get the
tire on and off with spoons, make a couple fast circles around the wheel,
inside the tire, with starting fluid. Up and over the tire to the ground.
toss a match at it, and POOF! the bead is seated. With over the road truck
tires, you still have to add air afterwards. Ask any truck mechanic and
he'll tell you he has probably done this before.

Chantecler Windows and Doors Brian White Home Repair 3 June 6th 16 11:22 PM
Gunner: I'm back Gunner Metalworking 388 July 9th 04 12:35 AM
Jeep Cherokee Sport 1999 tire question! oktokie Home Repair 4 June 16th 04 07:27 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM
Japanese chisel - hollow back ? FOW Woodworking 2 July 18th 03 01:05 PM