JimL

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:50:02 -0500, wrote:

The tire went flat on my wheelbarrow, and came loose from the rim. I
have tried everything to get that tire inflated, but can not get it to
seal well enough around the rim to be able to get the air to start
filling it. There's got to be some sort of trick to this. Anyone
know? The tire is not bad, it just wont expand to the rim. I have
tried to lean on it, work it against the rim with my hands (I can get
one side on the rim, but not the other), and even tried to tie a rope
tightly around it. I never have this much trouble with car tires as I
am with this stupid little tire.

Joe

1. Remove the valve stem to increase the volume of air going into the
tire.
2. Clean throughly and then swab soapy water all the way around the
rim and tire.
3. Wrap a 15 foot long cord or rope around the middle of the tire and
pull tight so the tire collapses from the rope. This forces the tire
edge to touch the soapy rim edge. You will need hitch loop in the
rope to pull tightly enough to collapse the tire.
4. Inflate till it pops.
5 reinstall valve stem and inflate
..