Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Death by caffeine deficiency

On 4/1/2016 7:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/1/2016 4:20 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
What I did drink by the gallon was the holy

sacrament of The South, sugar sweetened iced tea.
I grew up drinking that wonderful nectar of the
gods. When I had high blood sugar and had to
take action, I stopped drinking anything sweetened
with sugar and lost 100 pounds in two months. I
still drink iced tea, rarely sugar sweetened but
usually sweetened with artificial sweetener. My
blood sugar stays in the normal range without
medication or insulin. ^_^

When I was a teenager, I used to drink iced tea
almost exclusively. I was so proud that it didn't
affect me. What I could not see at the time was
how I was awake till 1 to 2 Am every night, and
how sleepy I was in school.

Now that I drink nearly no caffeine, my sleep pattern
is much better.

I try to never eat or drink anything with caffeine in it after 4pm!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Death by car exhaust

On 4/1/2016 2:58 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 11:11:14 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 3/30/2016 11:12 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 9:05:39 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 3:09:00 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
saw a news story about the danger of keyless ignitions, seems a small
subset of the drivers often forget to actually hit the start/stop button
to actually turn the car off. One woman said that this happened to her
and she woke up to her kids screaming headache, deciding to take the kid
to the ER she opened the garage door and was overwhelmed by the fumes
after having left the car run for 5 hours.

Aside from the fact that this indicates a pretty bad problem with
isolating the garage from the house properly or that in five hours she
never heard the car running, the real question is: could a car run for 5
hours in a "sealed" garage?

I would expect the car might overheat or run out of oxygen. So, how long
could you expect a car to run in a "sealed" garage?

in pittsburgh some years ago bill baierl the owner of baierl auto motive with 10 or so big car dealerships died when he left his cr running in his garage. both he and his wife. I knew bill and his family. as a customer. I was fired up bout a service issue, and barged right past his secretry and interupted a GM rep who was visiting.

bill was very nice, got service to fix my vehicle, and the service manager lost his job right after this. i was told he had lot of complaints.

bill treated me more than fairly. the lack or presence of a key doesnt change the risk.......

Darn it. That tragedy just reminded me of how I lost a friend 25 years ago. My friend JS was a Vietnam vet who was having some issues with his mental well being. It was service related and I don't think he was getting the help he needed at The VA Hospital. His mother was propping him up with her support for him but after she passed away, JS deteriorated to the point that another friend talked him out of committing suicide. Sometime later, the same friend was concerned and went to check on our troubled pal. He found JS sitting behind the wheel of his car in the closed garage at his late mother's home. JS had purposely run the car in that closed garage. His death shocked many of us friends with some of us blaming ourselves for not doing more to stop JS from taking his own life. Darn, it's a painful memory I had buried until this conversation on carbon monoxide. Now I'm upset all over again. o_O

Sorry about your loss, Monster.

Thanks Muggs, I've lost many more friends since then even one who was involved in a murder suicide that garnered a lot of local publicity. 8-(

I've lost a few people over the years, too. It doesn't get easier, either.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Uncle Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 3:05:49 PM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 20:08:25 +0100, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:

saw a news story about the danger of keyless ignitions, seems a small
subset of the drivers often forget to actually hit the start/stop button
to actually turn the car off. One woman said that this happened to her
and she woke up to her kids screaming headache, deciding to take the kid
to the ER she opened the garage door and was overwhelmed by the fumes
after having left the car run for 5 hours.

Aside from the fact that this indicates a pretty bad problem with
isolating the garage from the house properly or that in five hours she
never heard the car running, the real question is: could a car run for 5
hours in a "sealed" garage?

I would expect the car might overheat or run out of oxygen. So, how long
could you expect a car to run in a "sealed" garage?

If it was a start stop engine, I could understand the owner not realising
it was "on", but then it wouldn't be running.

If it wasn't a start stop engine, then she would have heard the engine
running when she got out, surely? Unless she's deaf, she has no excuse.

--
While most Americans believe that getting rid of religion is an impossible
goal, much of the developed world has already accomplished it. Any account
of a "god gene" that causes the majority of Americans to helplessly
organize their lives around ancient works of religious fiction must explain
why so many inhabitants of other First World societies apparently lack such
a gene. The level of atheism throughout the rest of the developed world
refutes any argument that religion is somehow a moral necessity. Countries
like Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium,
Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark and the United Kingdom are among the least
religious societies on Earth. According to the United Nations' Human
Development Report (2005) they are also the healthiest, as indicated by
measures of life expectancy, adult literacy, per capita income, educational
attainment, gender equality, homicide rate and infant mortality.
Conversely, the 50 nations now ranked lowest in
terms of human development are unwaveringly religious.
--Sam Harris (An Atheist Manifesto)

I find it amusing that those elite atheist European countries have allowed
themselves to be invaded by crazy religious people. Perhaps they should have
paid attention to the imam who announced that,"We will conquer Europe through
the wombs of our women." You denigrate religious people yet you're allowing
violent religious wackos to come right on in and set up shop in your
countries. You're getting what you deserve. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Smug Monster

and yet the vast majority of (multiple) homicides in the US are
committed by christians...obviously we should stop allowing christian
immigration, or maybe we are just getting what we deserve
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 21:00:56 +0100, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No, you should stop giving every Tom Dick and Harry a gun.

--
Einstein married his cousin, Elsa Lowenthal, after his first marriage failed in 1919.
At the time he stated that he was attracted to Elsa "because she was so well endowed".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 3:01:01 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yea, those AME thugs are mad killers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Killer Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's always religion....

--
You have got to remember that women make babies - not a great bit of design work. Messy, noisy and cannot do anything useful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:04:37 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Engines make noise, was your coworker deaf?

Very little noise. Electric fans, lots of sound insulation,
especially on upscale cars, makes for a very quiet car.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:43:50 +0100, Randy333 wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:04:37 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Engines make noise, was your coworker deaf?

Very little noise. Electric fans, lots of sound insulation,
especially on upscale cars, makes for a very quiet car.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Can't remember what this was about. The post you're replying to was made nearly 3 months ago and you've snipped all the context.

--
If our service isn't up to your standards, please lower your standards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/24/2016 3:56 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:43:50 +0100, Randy333 wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:04:37 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Engines make noise, was your coworker deaf?

Very little noise. Electric fans, lots of sound insulation,
especially on upscale cars, makes for a very quiet car.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Can't remember what this was about. The post you're replying to was
made nearly 3 months ago and you've snipped all the context.

Started out with the woman that left her car running in the garage under
the hose sickening her kids from CO. That has hapened a couple of times
with the push button ignition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 22:17:22 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/24/2016 3:56 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:43:50 +0100, Randy333 wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:04:37 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Engines make noise, was your coworker deaf?

Very little noise. Electric fans, lots of sound insulation,
especially on upscale cars, makes for a very quiet car.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Can't remember what this was about. The post you're replying to was
made nearly 3 months ago and you've snipped all the context.

Started out with the woman that left her car running in the garage under
the hose sickening her kids from CO. That has hapened a couple of times
with the push button ignition.

You'd think a car that smart would stop the engine if the car wasn't moving for a certain time. Ijn fact don't they all? Stop start they call it.

--
"Sir, your daughter says she loves me, she can't live without me, and wants to marry me."
"And you're asking my permission to marry her?"

OT Death Ray? harryagain[_2_] UK diy 22 December 18th 14 04:48 PM
DIY death Roland Perry UK diy 29 December 13th 13 04:46 PM
Dryer exhaust and bathroom exhaust distances Phisherman Home Repair 2 May 20th 08 04:07 AM
Roof exhaust fan with too much exhaust John Home Repair 5 October 5th 06 01:31 PM
DIY death ARWadsworth UK diy 56 September 28th 05 11:19 PM