Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your electrician have OCD?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:41:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 2:50:07 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 09:49:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to
load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use
newsgroups.....

Really...you can't follow links in threads that you are interested in,
yet you can post links to fake wrenches with hearts in the middle.

Either quit bitching about your "dial-up" issues or stop looking at
stupid images of fake wrenches.

In the time (dial-up time) you spent starting that waste of a thread
(A wrench for Heart Surgeons) you could have looked up OCD and not had
to complain about "more initials" that you don't understand.

I dont tell you how to use your computer or your internet. Nor do I care
to take your ****ing advice. I already made a decision to never offer
you any help or advice again, after I wasted my time trying to help you
with your plumbing. Now, I see you're just a ****ing whiney assed prick.
I have a special tool made for assholes like you...... I will use it
now......

* PLONK *

Oh..this oughta be fun!

Go take a look at your "A wrench for Heart Surgeons" and see how you are
getting slammed for the same reason as I brought up.

You have some more plonking to do!

Way to go butt head, now I'm gonna get plonked too! I might lose some sleep over that... or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:26:21 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!

There's this: http://tinyurl.com/h4bqnza One easy thing (they didn't mention in the article), start the screw at the same (1st point of spiral) say at 12 o'clock.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 2:02:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:27:18 -0400, wrote:

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to
load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use
newsgroups.....

Can't you set your browser to text only? That is why web authoring
programs require that all graphics are identified with a text
description.
I do run AOL 7 instead of 9 for my Email because it does not load that
pile of pictures and flash on every page when I am stuck somewhere
without WiFi. The browser embedded in there is IE6 that will run
graphic free.

Yes, I can do that, and often do. It helps, but it's not the pictures
that slow things down as much as all the scripts, and CSS crap. I have
scripts disabled, but much of that stuff still runs, or pages simply
will not load without scripts. Most of these sites where people can post
photos, are the worst. (Photobucket and similar). They just wont work
without scripts.....

Going back 10 years or more, almost all webpages which were simply text
and video would load fairly well, and within a few minutes or less, in
dialup. That is no longer the case! Even at a high speed WIFI some of
those sites stumble or dont render well, so I dont even bother with
them. The programmers of some sites should find a new career, such as
digging ditches or collecting garbage.

I'm curious, what browser and operating system are you using. If I had a real newsreader I'd be able to tell. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Real Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:26:21 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!

Some years ago I did some work for an architect who wanted the screw slots to be vertical on all device covers. The reason he gave was that dust can collect in horizontal slots. Now that's OCD! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Slot Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:26:21 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!

Oh yea, I forgot, all the switch and outlet plates I've installed in the past decade have been supplied with Phillips head screws. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Screwy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 3:52:38 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:26:21 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!

Oh yea, I forgot, all the switch and outlet plates I've installed in the past decade have been supplied with Phillips head screws. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Screwy Monster

I hope you aligned the X's.

Cousin Phillip-Had-A-Funny-Looking-Head Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 6:12:03 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

HEY! I'm the only Monster here unless there's something you'd like to reveal about yourself. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Monstrous Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, Tekkie(R) wrote:
[...]

I've been "Cousin Monster"ing you (and only you) for month's now. This is the
first time you've complained.

Have you not seen my other extremely witty "Cousin" tag lines? Have I really wasted
months of brain power?

Cousin Now-I-Have-A-Headache Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 00:43:43 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

[...]

I'll bet he complainrd that hald of them were upside-down too!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 11:10:03 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

So you really are one of my inbred cousins. Welcome to the family cuz! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Genetic Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/28/2016 02:15 PM, TekkieŽ wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!

Some years ago I did some work for an architect who wanted the screw slots to be vertical on all device covers. The reason he gave was that dust can collect in horizontal slots. Now that's OCD! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Slot Monster

I'll bet he complainrd that hald of them were upside-down too!!!

He had lead sheet in the walls of his bedroom to soundproof it. He didn't want the kids to hear he and his wife making whoopee. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lead Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/28/2016 09:21 PM, bob_villain wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:26:21 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:

Don't talk about screw heads...In school, my shop teacher insisted that
they all line up perfectly. It did not matter if they were not visible
or if lining them up made them slightly too tight of too loose...they
had to line up!

There's this: http://tinyurl.com/h4bqnza One easy thing (they didn't mention in the article), start the screw at the same (1st point of spiral) say at 12 o'clock.

Once I got past that shop class, I never thought of that again.

The only place I'd bother to make them line up would be on something
ornamental.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

[...]

He had a laser alignment tool!